JoelEzell
One quick followup to one of John's comments. John's correct that the SDB must be configured to invoke Provider.getTerminals(). However, the SDB is not required if you're invoking Provider.getTerminal(extension #). He's right that if the SDB IS enabled and your application is NOT authorized to monitor the given extension that an addObserver operation will fail. On the other hand, if the SDB is enabled or if your app is authorized to control the given extension number everything will work fine.
JamieChen
Many thanks for all of your feedbacks. I primarily just want to find out "where" the agent is by getting the station extension. I don't do any call control at all. Therefore, I think I am fine in terms of SDB. Thanks for educating me on this.

But my question goes to JTAPI
- When I saw the "AVAYA#CMSIM#CSTA#AESSIM" in JTAPI Exerciser, I realized my Provider object actually from just one CT Link of CM/AES. Speaking an env. which is composed multiple CMs, multiple AESs, unless we use the same CT Link to cover all CMs and AESs, otherwise I will need to create multiple Provider instances off each CT link and loop through each Provider object to do the right thing.

Is this is correct?

I guess this question should go to JTAPI forum but you guys are there too in that forum.. :=))

JohnBiggs
You can not create a single link that interfaces to multiple Communication Managers. Otherwise your assessment of needing to check each link to find the agent is correct. (assuming you dont know which Communication Manager /link the agent is provisioned on). You will always locate the a specific agent behind the same link. An Agent can not float between Communication Managers.

PS They kicked me out of the JTAPI forum.
JamieChen
Many thanks for all of your answers from John and Joel to help me understand this. Appreciate a lot.
Go to:   
Mobile view