FrankGuthrie
I've created a custom OD POM application which executes "Get Contact Info" and it works ... but it takes 5 seconds to retrieve the data. I've tried scaling down the application and it does not seem to matter ... it takes 4-5 seconds. 4 seconds is forever, especially when you are in the middle of transferring a call to an agent. IMO, it should take less than a second.

This is our first integration with POM using OD. Is this a normal behavior? I'm tempted to access the web services directly and bypass the PDC in an attempt to speed things up. Do you get similar results in your lab?

Here are the particulars of the installation:
POM 2.5 SP1
AEP 6 SP2
POM was installed locally on the EPMS

Here is the log entry from the trace file showing that 4+ seconds has elapsed:
21/03/2014 10:55:44:254 INFO - C13359D433AD30E96C5DC076D41B50D8:/POMAgentTransfer : Executing IPluggableExecutable com.avaya.sce.pdc.pim.ui.DataConnector : Invoking Get Contact Info
21/03/2014 10:55:48:785 INFO - C13359D433AD30E96C5DC076D41B50D8:/POMAgentTransfer : Completed IPluggableExecutable com.avaya.sce.pdc.pim.ui.DataConnector

Attached is the complete trace file.

Please advise and thanks!
Filename POMIssue.txt [Disk] Download
PrashantJawale
Could you please add entry of POM server in hosts file? If OD is on windows, goto windows run option. enter drivers, navigate to hosts file in etc folder. Add entry like below

1.1.1.1 HOSTNAME

This should be same as entry /etc/hosts file from EP/POM machine.

Thanks,
Prashant
FrankGuthrie
WOW!! You just saved me hours of time!! I've been working on work arounds such as going against the web services directly (Heck - I was even considering going directly to the tables!) That 5 second delay has been driving my nuts over the last few days!! Nothing like facing a fast approaching deadline and having 5 seconds standing in your way!

This is one I won't forget - thanks again for your assistance! :)

Now it returns in about 50 milliseconds ... sooooo much better!!!

24/03/2014 07:19:54:016 INFO - 82080BF217717050215DEC601406C1F1:/POMAgentTransfer : Executing IPluggableExecutable com.avaya.sce.pdc.pim.ui.DataConnector : Invoking Get Attribute Value
24/03/2014 07:19:54:063 INFO - 82080BF217717050215DEC601406C1F1:/POMAgentTransfer : Completed IPluggableExecutable com.avaya.sce.pdc.pim.ui.DataConnector

Thanks again!
David.Htet
Hi

I added AEP IP address and host name into Application server (Windows OS) but It still 12 Sec delay to get the contact info.

Could you screenshot or share how to setup PDC in OD application and Get Contact Info.

Thanks,
David
PrashantJawale
David,

Could you please confirm POM & POM PDC version? If issue persists please share OD applications' trace.log file(from appserver) & $POM_HOME/logs/PIM_WebService.log file from EP machine.

Thanks,
Prashant
PrashantJawale
David,

Could you please confirm POM & POM PDC version? If issue persists please share OD applications' trace.log file(from appserver) & $POM_HOME/logs/PIM_WebService.log file from EP machine.

Thanks,
Prashant
David.Htet
Hi

POM Ver: 3.0.1 SP6
POM PDC: 3.0.0.148

I attached application trace log and PIM_Webservice.log from EP(POM) server. Please share your finding for solution.

Thanks,
David
Filename delay call.log [Disk] Download
Filename PIM_WebService.log.zip [Disk] Download
PrashantJawale
Hi David

I've looked into logs, retrieving the custom attributes values from tables is slow, since you've around 25-30 attributes per contact it is taking in seconds to fetch complete contact record.
The regular DB maintainance could improve overall system performance. I'm assuming that postgres is being used. If so- please try the steps below during maintainance window:

stop POM & vpms services.
restart postgresql service on remote DB server.
Goto SQl prompt of configured POM database & Run VACUUM FULL ANALYZE VERBOSE query. This might take in minutes depending on size of database.
Login to primary POM command, cd to $POM_HOME/bin directory and run ./reindexPOMPGDB.sh script.
start POM & vpms services.

If issue persists, other workaround could be to retrieve specific required attribute values (using Get contact attribute) instead of complete contact record.

Thanks,
Prashant
David.Htet
Hi

Thanks for the information. I forgot to tell that we are using external MSSQL database for POM.

By the way we already tried "Get Contact Attributes" in the call instead of "Get Contact Info" but it won't work.

Thanks,
David
Go to:   
Mobile view