StevenLeung
When installing and configuring FRHA or MPHA of two AES servers, I need to cross-cable these two servers.
Do I need to form bonding between the two AES LAN cards or create virtual IP in network data switch such that only one IP address is used for TSAPI client ?

MartinFlynn
FRHA = fast boot, this just needs a crossover cable between the servers, it uses a 1GB NIc card. No bonding is needed. This is the standard AES failover - you configure HA & when the primary server dies, the backup boots up & takes over (takes approximately 5 minutes). Both AE Services servers use the same IP address, but only one AE Services is active at a time.

MPHA = machine preserving, this needs special 10 GB NICs, otherwise the option won’t show up in the HA config. As I understand it, the memory from the primary is copied to the secondary every 50 mS. These NICs are expensive, but failover is immediate. Again, no bonding is needed. Typically, the 10 GB NICs are directly connected by a crossover cable.
MartinFlynn
For information on HA for AE Services, you should consult "Implementing Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services on Avaya Aura System Platform 6.3".

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view