Sana
Hi,

I am writing a windows service that will identify the mapping between the agent and the extension. Hence, I would like to access the data store (i.e. database or flat file) that Communication Manager talks to to retrieve the mapping.

Does anyone know where can I find the this information?

Earlier I have tried to retrieve this information using command line argument and parsing the result but I want to avoid running a shell script.

Many thanks,
Sana
CraigJohnson5
The supported methods for getting the Agent associated with a station require the use of Application Enablement Services. Do you have an AE Services server?
Sana
Yes we do have an AE services server.

Can you please elaborate how can I retrieve the mapping using AES server
CraigJohnson5
It depends on if you are starting from scratch or currently use TSAPI, JTAPI, DMCC, or SMS already and want to leverage that application.

To talk directly to the CM through AE Services you would use the SMS (System Management Service). You can send an XML request to AE Services to run the command 'list agent' on the CM and it would return a response to AE Services which formats the response to XML and sends to your application. That response would contain the Agent and station amongst other things. You can actually only request to receive the Agent and station fields to cut down on response times of AE Services. There is an SMS test application already hosted on the AES that you can use to see how it works. That test app is at http://[yourAESIP]/smsxml/smsxml_test.php.
Sana
Thanks Craig......Basically, I am using One-X API and my web application is dealing with very basic call control functionality offered by OneX. However I do have a requirement to find extension the agent is logged on from somewhere to proceed further with the functionality. Is there any way I can find the mapping information using One-X agent API?
CraigJohnson5
Have you reviewed the documentation for One-X Agent available on this website? Since there is no forum for One-X Agent I would suggest opening a DevConnect support ticket, and your question will be routed to someone with that expertise.
Sana
Thanks Craig I have raised a support ticket :)
Go to:   
Mobile view