RahulGupta4
Please help us in this.
Here we have stuck in one issue the scenario is like that.
1. Normal Avaya agent login- when agent logged in from Avaya phone and he is using headset then when call lands he listen ringing from headset.
2. But when he logged in with CTI and Even he is using headset. When call comes only His hard phone rings. There is no sound of ringing in the headset. Why this is happening I have no Idea? Even I have said them to press Headset button on the phone same thing they are getting (no ringing on headset). Please help in this.

Regards
Gupta Rahul
MartinFlynn
I tried to test this in my lab and I always get ringing at the phone, never the headset.

What model of phone are you using?

What are the steps you take to login the agent from the phone?
RahulGupta4
Hi Martin,

Is it really possible to get beep sound/notification in headset through JTAPI, do you know any customer has done this before using JTAPI.

below are the information which you asked for.

Phone model 1608 and firmware 1.358a.
CM version we are having 5.2.

Agent login code--
try{

Agent[] agents = myAgentTerminal.getAgents();
if (agents != null) {
AgentAlreadyLoggedInEx AgentAlreadyLoggedInEx = new AgentAlreadyLoggedInEx(
"Agent "+ " is Logged In at the extension " + terminalId + ".");
agents = null;
logger.info(" Agent is already Logged In at the extension " + terminalId + ".");
throw new AgentAlreadyLoggedInEx("AES Agent already logged in kindly log off and log on into the extension ");
//throw AgentAlreadyLoggedInEx ;
}
myAgent = myAgentTerminal.addAgent(myAgentTerminalAddress,null, Agent.LOG_IN,agentID,agentPassword);

}catch(etc)

Regards
Gupta Rahul

MartinFlynn
My question was, what steps do you take to login the agent **using the phone** which causes the agent to hear ringing in the headset instead of the phone.
RahulGupta4
Hi Martin,

Agent login with its ID like "*32+ID+Password" or by pressing configured Auto login button then this make him Auto Ready. System has AUTO answer at CM (called AUTO Answer- ACD). When call comes agent listens Beep sound/notification before call get auto answered.

But in our case we have remove auto answer from CM and CTI(JTAPI) answering the call by "terminalConns[i].answer()".
In this case agent listens User/caller voice directly when he use headset. but when speaker is on, agent listens small ring(on extension) and then CTI answer the call.

Regards
Gupta Rahul
MartinFlynn
Hi Rohit,

It seems to me that your question is not related to JTAPI. I think you are actually asking about the different phone behavior between auto-answer and manual-answer modes.

My understanding is that in manual-answer, the phone handset rings. In auto-answer mode, the agent hears a zip tone in his headset. I do not know of any way to change this behavior.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view