NN_member
Hi, is there an easy way to inject a message "please continue to hold..." when the system is trying to retrieve data (either from database or webservice) and takes too long? Just to avoid the long silence...

Thanks.
Nick
SamareshKowshik
Yes, you can use Transitional Audio for this. There is more detailed information in the Developer Guide, but to sum up, you would use a Property item in the node prior to your Data node. There is a Delay setting which lets you specify how long to wait before using the audio. When creating a Prompt file to use for transitions, make sure to select "Transitional audio prompt (allows only a single phrase)" This makes the Prompt special and only usable for transitions. Then set the Transitional Audio property to use this new Prompt file. You can also set audio transitions on a global scale by using the Property item in the AppRoot node. This will use the transition for any long operation throughout the course of the application's run.
NN_member
Great! Thank You Samaresh. Will try the global option.
HuseyinAksu2
Hi,

I have two questions about the transitional audio. The both questions are here.

1. If I set property item before calling webservice inside the application, do I need to reset property values after execution webservice ? In other words, let's assume that transitional audio properties are not set inside AppRoot and we would like to put transitional audio before webservice call. After the transitional audio is played, we have to reset property values inside property item (Audio Prompt & Delay seconds) for transitional audio ?

2. Let's assume that I am calling a webservice A, its timeout value is 20 sec. The transitional audio is activated at eleventh second. Until the tenth second, instead of silence we would like to play music. Is that possible ?

Thank you.
WilsonYu
1. You don't need to reset anything. The transitional audio only works whenever that node is executed.
2. The audio should play right away unless you have the delay set. So I am not sure where the 10 seconds of silence come from in the first place.
HuseyinAksu2
I did not understand your second response. Could you please give a little bit more detail ?

Thank you.
WilsonYu
I simply said the transitional audio should play right away, and I did not understand why you were expecting the audio to be activated at the eleventh second.
HuseyinAksu2
What I want is that transitional audio should be activated if a webservice responds more than 10 sec. That's why I am expecting the audio to be activated at the eleventh second and it says "Your request is going on. Please hold on". But before that I would like to play music. between 1-10 sec.
WilsonYu
Now I see why I was confused. By transitional audio, you meant the word part not the music. However, we only allow one phrase. You would have to combine the a 10-second music and the word phrase in one audio file.
Sufyan
Hi
Can you please share sample application, how you achieve this, please?
WilsonYu
Please refer to the topic "About transitional audio prompts in speech applications" in the help document.
Go to:   
Mobile view