TroyOtter
Hi,

I have been trying to migrate our existing BDE setup from a VMware Player setup to a server running ESXi 5.5. I can convert the VM using the standalone version VMware vCenter Converter and get the both the AES and CM vm's up and running without any problems, however I do have an issue when importing the license through WebLM. I get the following error

Error installing license. Host ID in license file does not match server hardware. Host ID in license file is 005056000003. Valid Host ID(s) for this server - [000C29AA9069]

Importing the license keys into the existing setup works fine, so it is not a problem with the keys, rather it would seem the conversion of the vm's to run in ESXi that causes the issue. I have also tried modifying the uuid.bios and uuid.location entries in the vmx file to match those in the original vm's to get ESXi to bring up the prompt asking whether I have moved or copied the vm. In that case I select that I have moved the vm.

Is there a way I can resolve this issue? I would prefer to migrate the BDE to our ESXi server because I need to free up the PC that is currently running on for another purpose.

Troy.
CraigJohnson5
Probably just need to regenerate the license against the new host ID. Just open a DevConnect Procured System Support ticket and explain the situation along with the new host ID and I am sure someone can get you an updated license.
TroyOtter
Thanks. I have opened a support ticket with DevConnect Procured System Support. Fingers crossed.

Troy.
Go to:   
Mobile view