DmitryDzhus
DMCC FAQ claims that DMCC services use only TSAPI basic license:

One 'DMCC DMC' or 'IP_API_A' license is used for each registered DMCC station. If DMCC uses Call Control services or Feature Control/Information services, then a TSAPI basic license is also required.

while p.12 of DMCC XML programmer's guide mentions that licenses consumed by Call Control Services are TSAPI Basic and/or Advanced.

TSAPI FAQ mentions that (in «Which TSAPI function consumes a TSAPI Advanced User license in AE Services server?») methods attSelectiveListeningHold, attSelectiveListeningRetrieve require TSAPI Advanced license. Does this mean that if I intend to use Selective Listening methods from DMCC XML API, I also need a TSAPI Advanced licenses?

Is Selective Listening the only part of Call Control services provided by DMCC that requires TSAPI Advanced?

DMCC XML guide also mentions that Monitoring Services consume licenses «depending on Service being monitored». I need to monitor incoming calls of One-X softphones and IP stations, which license do I need?
DMCC FAQ says that
A DMCC device registration will consume an IP Station license on Communication Manager.

Is an IP station license required for every monitored device regardless of whether it's a softphone or an IP station?
MartinFlynn
o You will require a TSAPI Advanced license to perform any of the following:

- Make Predictive Call
- Adjunct Routing
- Selective Listening Hold / Retrieval

o For any other Third party actions (eg. Start Call Control monitor, AnswerCall) you will require a TSAPI Basic license.

o For non-Call Control monitors, you will require a DMCC License. The rule of thumb is, if you need to make a RegisterTerminalRequest, you will require a DMCC license. You will also need a VALUE_IP_STA on the Communication Manager. If you register in Main mode, this will also require a VALUE_STA license.
DmitryDzhus
MartinFlynn wrote:The rule of thumb is, if you need to make a RegisterTerminalRequest, you will require a DMCC license.

Thank you for your answer.

Does anybody know if Avaya One-X Softphones also consume any license when a user uses it to log into Avaya?
I'm trying to figure out if controlling softphones via third-party DMCC call control would require licenses in amount of twice the number of softphone installations.
MartinFlynn
Third Party DMCC control only requires a TSAPI Basic license per phone.

From what I can see in my lab, using "display system-parameters customer-options", One-X Communicator will use:

1 "oneX_Comm" license (instead of IP_Phone)
1 "Maximum Concurrently Registered IP Stations" license

If you need more information on licensing, I suggest you contact a Business Partner or Avaya sales as they are the experts.

Martin
DmitryDzhus
Thank you for you answer.

At first I thought that even call control also requires a RegisterTerminalRequest. Am I right that terminal registration is required only to redirect media stream for the device or change its security code?
MartinFlynn
You will need to register a terminal for all First Party features (eg. to press buttons, to receive display & lamp events, to receive/send audio, to press buttons etc).

The DMCC Programmers Guides indicate which classes of actions/monitors require that the terminal be registered. For example, check tables 1 and 19 of the Java Programmers Guide.

Martin
DmitryDzhus
to press buttons

Am I correct that pressing buttons via First-party call control is the only way to specify an extension number AFTER the call has been established (using MakeCall for instance)? In other words, no Third Party Call control method allows sending extra numbers after MakeCall?
MartinFlynn
You should be able to use GenerateDigits which is Third Party.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view