KNaseer

Hi Team,

I have AEP 6.0 and developed an application in OD 6.0. The main application uses Axis 1.4 based web services where there are two subdialogs that use Axis 2.0 based web services. The application uses some Configurable Application Variables (CAV's) too.

I have deployed this application on two Tomcat 6.0 application servers. For one of these two Tomcat application server which is running from a couple of years, AEP is able to configure CAV's successfully. No problem with this.

But for the newer Tomcat application server that I have just setup now (added all the runtime support files), AEP is not able configure CAV's. it throws this error when I click the pencil edit button on EPMS agains application settings:

"Unable to establish connection with the application server. Either the application server is down or the application has not defined any configurable variables (connect timed out). "

Though EPM is able to verify the application URL succesfully however CAV's are not being fetched for this newly setup Tomcat server.

In vpAppLogClinet I see below trace:

2014-09-10 08:36:21,166 164073 [http-8080-1] ERROR - VPAppLogClientBase:getUserId() - User ID is EMPTY
2014-09-10 08:36:21,166 164073 [http-8080-1] ERROR - VPAppLogClientBase:getPassword() - Password is EMPTY

I have made sure that on EPM: Home > System Configuration > EPM Servers > EPM Settings has user name and password for "web service authentication" and since the same application is working fine on the older Tomcat server with the same AEP so this doesn't seem to be the issue.

Am I missing something?

Need your help.

Thanks.

WilsonYu
Can you see if you can load the following link in the internet browser from the EPMS machine or a machine other than app server:

http://ip:port/<appname>/AdminVariableInfo

That's what EPMS is doing essentially to get the variable information.
KNaseer

Thanks Wilson for the prompt reply.

I tried it from other machines but the explorer cannot explore, it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Whereas if I browse this URL from the faulty server itself, then it is browsable and fetches an xml page containg CAV's.

What does this tell us? Network issue?
WilsonYu
It sounds like a network issue. You can't get to the app server from outside.
KNaseer

Yes, Firewall was blocking it. Now its fixed.

Thank you so much for helping out!

Cheers.
MaragathamAnjali
Hi,

Below are my System requirement.

• AAOD version 6.0.11.03
• Tomcat version: 7.0.69
• JDK Version: 1.7.0_25
• AAEP Version : 7.1.0

I am not getting the CAV values from AEP to application.

May i can know what would be cause and solution for this?
WilsonYu
I would need to take a look at the app trace.log in the data/log directory. with the following properties enabled in the ddrt.properties file:

localddtrace=enabled
localapptrace=enabled
WilsonYu
Also search for a file named vpAppLogClient.log in the Tomcat directory. I need to see if there is any error inside.
Go to:   
Mobile view