AlexPupkin
Hello!
I get a Telecommuter app and it really fits for my tasks, but it monitors one device per a session.Yes, there is a walkaround to launch one instance of Telecommuter for every extension i want to monitor. But it's not a serious.

According to DMCC AES api, if i want to monitor more then one device at same session, i have to register all my extensions as third party devices.But further instructions are quite poor. For example ,if i choose Telecommuter as example for my future monitor app, which message i need to send to the aes to register it like third party.Do i need to send StartMonitor message?
Also,i didn't get this note from DMCC AES api document:
"If your application needs to register many devices, we recommend you spread out the registration of the devices. Register no more than 50 stations at one time ".What actually is meant here?

MartinFlynn
I presume you are registering the terminals and using First party control. In this case, for each device you want to monitor you will need to:

1. Get the Device ID
2. Start Monitors
3. Register the terminal

> What actually is meant here?

There is a limit to the rate at which an application can send registration requests to the AE Services. The actual maximum rate depends on several things. For more details, you should look at Chapter 12: Capacities for AE Services of "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification".

Martin
AlexPupkin
MartinFlynn wrote:I presume you are registering the terminals and using First party control. In this case, for each device you want to monitor you will need to:

1. Get the Device ID
2. Start Monitors
3. Register the terminal

> What actually is meant here?

There is a limit to the rate at which an application can send registration requests to the AE Services. The actual maximum rate depends on several things. For more details, you should look at Chapter 12: Capacities for AE Services of "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification".

Martin

Yes, I'm register a first party devices and therefore i have to send registerterminal message for every extesion i need to monitor?
But, If I get it right,when using a third party device - there is no need to register each one?
So,how could i monitor this kind of devices?

MartinFlynn
If you are performing First Party actions then you will need to get a First Party Device ID and register each terminal that you control/monitor.

If you are performing Third Party (aka Call Control) actions you should get a Third Party Device ID for each device and there is no need to register the terminal.

Examples of First Party actions are - monitor for media events, send/receive RTP, get phone Display events, press buttons.

Examples of Third Party actions are - monitor for Call Control events, makeCall(), answerCall().

This is explained in the Programmers Guide.

Martin
AlexPupkin
MartinFlynn wrote:7

Examples of Third Party actions are - monitor for Call Control events

This is explained in the Programmers Guide.

Martin

So,i've read "aes api programmer guide", but i found nothing about monitor third party devices by DMCC. Maybe,there are some other manuals, where this information more detailed.
MartinFlynn
I am not sure what you mean by "aes api programmer guide" but you should study the appropriate DMCC programmers guide. For example, "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Device, Media and Call Control API Java Programmers' Guide". Most of what you need to know is contained in it. This information is supplemented by the sample applications.

I would also encourage you to look at the DMCC FAQs on this website.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view