TamasSomogyi
Hi Everyone,

Can you please give some hints which is the easiest way to achieve the following?

In our existing solution, when a customer phones in, the first step in our Call Vector logic is to request to enter his/her account number through IVR. The Call Vector program collects the entered digits.
Now we want to improve this scenario, so that first we'd like to search for the caller's phone in external CRM database (e.g. Salesforce). If it is found, we don't require the customer to enter the account number.

Looking at the "Programming Call Vectors" document I cannot see any command that calls external function (e.g. DLL or web service) which could search in a database.
Can the above improvement be somehow achieved via AES / TSAPI? If so, which event or message shall I use?
We have Avaya Aura and AES here. I prefer TSAPI as we already have an existing application that communicates to AES via TSAPI, so I guess it would be easy to add functionality to it.

Note I'm C++/C#/database developer, no experience in telephony and Avaya. And on the other hand our Avaya admins who do the Call Vector programming have no experience in databases or calling outside the Avaya world unfortunately.
So I'd like to know how the logic of call processing can be affected by an external piece of code.

Thanks,
Tamas
MartinFlynn
Have a look at the Routing Service Group chapter in the TSAPI Programmers Guide.

You can write a TSAPI (or JTAPI or DMCC) application that registers as a routing service for the incoming VDN. You can then put an adjunct routing step in your incoming vector. This will cause the switch to ask the application for a routing destination for the incoming call.

Your application can look up the ANI in the database. If it is there, then it will return a VDN to the switch that complete the call. If it is not there, your application will return a different VDN which prompts the user for his account number before completing the call.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view