juhunter
Hello again...

I have been doing some fiddling, and I learned if I RegisterTerminal as Server Mode, I can use StartPlaying to play a wav that is sitting on the AES box. We have an application that's third-party that plays a variable-driven message when connecting the outbound call. I'm pretty sure it uses TSAPI and our telephony people claim that company did not load any audio files on the AES, and as far as they know they don't transfer to a VDN that plays the audio instead.

So I guess my questions are:
a) can TSAPI play audio from the local machine that the CTI-type application is running on?
b) can DMCC? Right now I have to record the file and put it on the server, then I can play it. I read that this puts a burden on AES, so I was wondering if there was a way to instead inject the audio into the stream instead of using StartPlaying.

Thanks a bunch.
MartinFlynn
a) can TSAPI play audio from the local machine that the CTI-type application is running on?

No. TSAPI cannot inject media into a call. It must be adding something else (eg a softphone) to the call which is actually playing the media.

b) can DMCC? Right now I have to record the file and put it on the server, then I can play it. I read that this puts a burden on AES, so I was wondering if there was a way to instead inject the audio into the stream instead of using StartPlaying.

Yes. You can use a DMCC application to inject media into a call from a client computer. If you register a phone in Client Media mode, you will give an RTP IP address and port. When the phone is in a call, the Communication Manager will send the audio as an RTP stream to this port and will accept audio from it. You can add the phone to a call by, for example, Single Step Conference.

You will have to research how to send a reliable RTP stream to the Communication Manager. If you do not need a completely robust solution and/or you are using non-compressed codecs (g.711) then the samples below may be useful to you. For a robust and comprehensive solution, you would need to develop an RTP stack or purchase one from a third party.

There are several sample applications that do include some media code which you may find helpful. However, the samples are written to demonstrate the capabilities of the API and their media processing is not a production quality.

For example, the Java SDK includes the clientmediastack and softphone samples. These use some media classes (com.avaya.api.media.*) that are included in the SDK to send audio from a microphone and receive audio to the PC speaker. Please note that the media classes in com.avaya.api.media are not of production quality. They may not work correctly under all circumstances and are not supported by Avaya.

For .Net, you can look at the simpleRecord sample application. It has a client mode where a call can be recorded to a file on the client computer. Unfortunately, it does not play media into a call but you may find it helpful nonetheless.

Martin

Go to:   
Mobile view