HuseyinAksu2
Hi,

I would like to set a session variable inside a data node after "executeDataActions" function has completed. The data node includes only Assign, Concatenate & one Next operations. What is the easiest way to achieve that ?

Thanks,
HuseyinAksu2
This is an urgent case. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
RossYakulis
add a servlet node after that node and then put your code in servletImplementation().
HuseyinAksu2
Your suggestion is not feasible due to lots of data nodes. Is there any method like requestBegin() to make post action ?

Thanks,
RossYakulis
Please explain? I guess then on the "next" node you can override request begin. There is no "requestEnd()" method to override.

If your data node has NO BRANCHING in executedataactions and does not branch then "getNext()" is called you could override that make sure you return the super implementation result. This is sort if iffy and prone to breaking.

The best is an extra node.
HuseyinAksu2
I would like to create a data node which makes logging. I will make some assignments (log_operation_id, log_type & etc.) inside the data node by using palette and when leaving the data node, the values will be written to a session variable immediately. The data node will be used in many places with different values. In other words, the data node will become a generic logging node for me like menu, prompt&collect & etc.

By the way, what you mean by saying "super implementation result" ? Can you please give sample code ?

***ExecuteDataActions Method***

public boolean executeDataActions(com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession mySession) throws Exception {
java.util.Collection actions = null;

actions = new java.util.ArrayList(12);
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Assign("LogString", "2,", true).setDebugId(39));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "1234,", true).setDebugId(40));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "-,-,", true).setDebugId(41));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "date:year", false).setDebugId(42));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "date:monthinyear", false).setDebugId(43));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "date:dayofmonth", false).setDebugId(44));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", " ", true).setDebugId(45));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "time:hour", false).setDebugId(46));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "time:minute", false).setDebugId(47));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("LogString", "time:second", false).setDebugId(48));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("GlobalLogString", "%", true).setDebugId(49));
actions.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.varoperations.Concatenate("GlobalLogString", "LogString", false).setDebugId(50));
if(evaluateActions(actions, mySession)) {
return true;
}
actions = null;

// return false if the evaluation of actions did not cause a servlet forward or redirect
return false;
}
RossYakulis
I take that back, using getNext() will not work. Scratch that.
RossYakulis
What you really need to do here is create your own "Pluggable Data Connector" or PDC. This allows you to add a new operation to the data node palette and you can control the implementation of that operation.
HuseyinAksu2
Hi,

How I could create my own "Pluggable Data Connector" ? Could you please send me some documentations ?

Thanks,
RossYakulis
Please send me an email at yakulis@avaya.com and I can provide you a link to a dropbox account that has the info.
HuseyinAksu2
I sent the e-mail.

Thanks,
AntonioRincon
it could be possible to have access to that information, my email address antonio.rincon@gmail.com
RossYakulis
Check your email.
ArunPB
Can anyone share information about what PDC should we use for dynamic next node.
WilsonYu
What do you mean by dynamic next node? I am not sure you need a PDC to do that.
Go to:   
Mobile view