tomfelice
When using the variable field to define the location of the Standard phraseset, (i.e. External->ecternal Settings->URL base -> Use Variable Value), the vxml page built contains each Standard Phraseset item but is not prefixed by the contents of the variable. It works for Custom Phrasset but not Standard.

Custom example using a variable: variable contains "="/usr/local/UPS/tomcat6/webapps/UPS_Data/Audios/English/Custom/"
9:<audio src="/usr/local/UPS/tomcat6/webapps/UPS_Data/Audios/English/Custom/2020_ppGreetingUKI1.wav"/>

Standard example: variable contains "="/usr/local/UPS/tomcat6/webapps/UPS_Data/Audios/English/Standard/"
10:<audio src="0030.wav"/>
WilsonYu
Standard phrases from the localization bundle we provide are not intended to be used the same as custom phrases/phraseset. They are associated with Audio variables. The location can not be externalized but it is fixed in the project folder. You can customize the standard phrases by replacing the files in the directory.
tomfelice
So am I to understand that the Standard phrese set can only be Local?

If that is the case then why 1) is the options available; and 2) when I select the Use Text Value and enter a literal string it work fine.

I would think that if it works with the Use Text Value the logic is exactly the same as Use Variable Value.
Just my thoughts.

Thanks
WilsonYu
I agree the UI that allows you to change the settings is misleading. It's just because all the files of the phraseset type share the same editor and restriction for this particular file was coded. We will have to fix that. However, as I said earlier the standard phrases coming from the language bundle are treated different since they are language sensitive. We have a mechanism to locate a particular phrase based on the language is used.
MarcosVergani
Hi Wilson,

It would be nice to provide that option for Localization Bundles, too. In our case, we haven't used the audios inside each module for years, since there are a couple of non-trivial disadvanges in multi-module projects:

- you end up with many big war files, just because of the audios (which is an issue when moving files to remote servers)
- if you need to replace one of the files, you need to re-export all the modules. I know we could just replace the file in the multiple modules, but it is not a good practice; you could be missing a module, or override the file with a new deployment.

To resolve this, we keep the localization audios in a single, external folder, and then override the hookGetPhrase method of the phraseset, in order to take the base url from a variable.

We can continue using this approach, but since the functionality has been added, it would be nice not needing to override the method any more.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Marcos
WilsonYu
Point taken. We will try to make your life easier. We need to consider the multiple language aspect of it too (or we will not able to support multi-language once you choose to externalize the standard audio). I will create an enhancement request for this.
MarcosVergani
Are you referring to the different audios per language?

I think Multi-language shouldn't be an issue, since each language has its own phraseset.

When we have multi-language, we just have one external folder per language, and each phraseset would point to one of those, with its own (language) audios.
WilsonYu
You are right. Given that fact, it should work. We just have to look into the code to make it work. I just tried to give myself a note to watch for.
MarceloBotelho2
Hi,

I can´t set custom phraseset to external settings with "Use Varialble Value.

for me only works with "Use Text Value"

If I fulfill the variable directly, ok it works, but if read URL from a propertie file and then fulffil the variable, it not works.
WilsonYu
You have to make sure the logic that you use to load the values into variables works correctly. There is no difference in terms of the OD holding and accessing the values no matter how the values are assigned.
Go to:   
Mobile view