leonroy
Hi

I am using JTAPI 5.3 and AES 5.2.

When I make an outgoing call from a terminal whose line has a bridged appearance on another terminal, I noticed that JTAPI only sends events for the bridged terminal when the call is cleared. Before that I do not see any events for the bridged party.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Regards
CraigJohnson5
A CSTA Make Call request will always originate at the primary extension number of a
user having a bridged appearance. For a call to originate at the bridged call appearance
of a primary extension, that user must be off hook at that bridged appearance at the time
the request is received.
leonroy
Hi Craig

Thank you for your reply.

Adding more to the issue explanation:

User A has line xxx205
User B has line xxx201 and bridged appearance of xxx205.

When user A makes an external call from xxx205 (say to mobile), User B who has the bridged appearance does not see any events for that call.
When user A clears the call, then user B gets all the events for that call (which is essentially inactive) from JTAPI.

Should user B not receive the events when the call was made by user A?

Thanks
CraigJohnson5
Thanks for the additional information. In this case User B should not get any events except the connection cleared event. There will be a call on User B in the bridged state while it is active on User A. What do you mean by "all the events"? What version of AE Services and JTAPI are you using?
leonroy
Hi Craig

We are using AE services 5.2 and JTAPI 5.3.

By all the events, I meant CallActive, ConnectionCreated, etc, as soon as the call is made by user A.

Thanks
CraigJohnson5
Please open a DevConnect Technical Support ticket so that we can evaluate this issue further. Please note that there is a fee for this service for registered level members.

Also, AE Services 5.2 is over 5 years old, and so we will require that this issue be duplicated on the most recent release of AE Services. You can check the release notes for the versions that came after 5.2 to see if there were any fixes for this issue. Since there was no 5.3 version of JTAPI I assume you mean version 5.2.3, and that is almost 4 years old, so getting on the most recent releases would be a good first step.
Go to:   
Mobile view