RajaMohammed
Dear,

While deploying Avaya Orchestration Ver 7.0 application on IBM websphere, the following errors are thrown at server level.
I compiled appln in windows-jdk1.7 and deployed in IBMWAS-jdk1.6. Hope this could not be the problem, as jdk has backward compatibility. Kindly help.

LOG -(few lines from attached log file)
/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/wstemp/appmgmt/mbean/AppManagement_14a5d970ead_1/app_14a9a2e44f4/ext/AlinmaRetailRegistered_V23.war/WEB-INF/classes/_ibmjsp/jsp/_validate_2D_head.java : 100 : applicationName cannot be resolved to a variable

/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/wstemp/appmgmt/mbean/AppManagement_14a5d970ead_1/app_14a9a2e44f4/ext/AlinmaRetailRegistered_V23.war/WEB-INF/classes/_ibmjsp/jsp/_validate_2D_lib.java : 458 : SCERT.PRODUCT_NAME_SHORT cannot be resolved to a type.

Thanks & Regards,
Raja Mohammed
Filename SystemOut.rar [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Did you deploy the runtimesupport.zip in the correct location?
RajaMohammed
Application is in Production. No issue in running, But while deploying only, it is throwing error. Attached the screeshot for lib files. They are configured as shared Library in IBMWAS server.
  • [Thumb - runtimesupport_files.jpg]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
This is strange. Since you are able to run the apps, the scertcommon.jar is deployed in the classpath that is visible by the app; however, the jdk compiler does not seem to see it when compiling the jsp files. I don't get it, and I've never experienced this situation. What do you mean when you say it compile the app in windows-jdk1.7? The app should have been compiled in OD and exported as an ear file, which you can deploy right away. Do you have a custom build resolution?
RajaMohammed
I complied application in OD 7.0 as usual by configuring as JDK 7.0 & tomcat 7.0 . And then Created EAR file in OD and
deployed in AIX OS where IBMWAS is installed. But the JDK installed in AIX is JDK 6.0. I hope this could not be the problem as JDK has backward compatibility.
RossYakulis
You cannot do that. Compatibility is only forward not backward. That is a java 6 app can run on java 7 but not vice versa.
RajaMohammed
Ok. Actually AIX is managed by other team. I will take this as confirmation and I will ask them to install JDK 7.0. Let me check and update on this.
RajaMohammed
As discussed. JDK 1.7 has been installed. but still facing the same issue. Attached the screenshots for your reference. Please help.
Filename JAR_JDK_SystemOutLog.rar [Disk] Download
NeilGoldsmith
I don't see what errors you are referring to in those logs?
RajaMohammed
Sorry.That log was overwritten by new logs. But as I already moentioned, the below logs are writing during deployment only.
Attached the new log.

/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/wstemp/appmgmt/mbean/AppManagement_14a5d970ead_1/app_14ac4876754/ext/AlinmaRetailRegistered_V23.war/WEB-INF/classes/_ibmjsp/jsp/_validate_2D_db.java : 464 : SCERT.PRODUCT_NAME_SHORT cannot be resolved to a type

JSPG0225E: An error occurred at line: 15 in the statically included file: /jsp/validate-head.jsp
JSPG0093E: Generated servlet error from file: /jsp/validate-db.jsp
Filename SystemOut_15.01.11_14.48.33.rar [Disk] Download
NeilGoldsmith
You are still running Java 6
Java version = 1.6.0, Java Compiler = j9jit26, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM
RajaMohammed
I am at riyadh. There is time difference between there and here. I will check tomorrow and come back again.
NeilGoldsmith
Check the log on your next run and see what Java version it lists. You can't use Java 6 against Java 7 code.
RajaMohammed
Today I deployed again. The java line is
Java version = 1.7.0, Java Compiler = j9jit26, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM
But still same errors are encountered.

Logs from SystemOut.log file
JSPG0091E: An error occurred at line: 9 in the file: /jsp/validate-common2.jsp
JSPG0093E: Generated servlet error from file: /jsp/validate-common2.jsp

/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/wstemp/appmgmt/mbean/AppManagement_14ae1dda72b_1/app_14ae1e103c7/ext/AlinmaIPO_V23.war/WEB-INF/classes/_ibmjsp/jsp/_validate_2D_common2.java : 41 : Method cannot be resolved to a type

JSPG0225E: An error occurred at line: 13 in the statically included file: /jsp/validate-head.jsp
JSPG0093E: Generated servlet error from file: /jsp/validate-CTI.jsp

/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/wstemp/appmgmt/mbean/AppManagement_14ae1dda72b_1/app_14ae1e103c7/ext/AlinmaIPO_V23.war/WEB-INF/classes/_ibmjsp/jsp/_validate_2D_CTI.java : 445 : SCERT.PRODUCT_NAME_SHORT cannot be resolved to a type
Filename SystemOut.log [Disk] Download
NeilGoldsmith
The Java compiler in Websphere is not finding scertcommon. Nor is it finding some of the JRE classes as it is not finding StringTokenizer, IOException, etc.

Check the classpath below from the top of your log and see if it encompasses the OD classes like scertcommon and the JRE classes too. StringTokenizer is in rt.jar in the JRE/lib. I'm not seeing those jar in the classpath.

Java version = 1.7.0, Java Compiler = j9jit26, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM
was.install.root = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
user.install.root = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B
Java Home = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java_1.7_64/jre
ws.ext.dirs = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java_1.7_64/lib:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/classes:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/classes:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/installedChannels:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/web/help:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/plugins/com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy/runtime
Classpath = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/IVR_DEV_B/properties:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/startup.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/bootstrap.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/jsf-nls.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/lmproxy.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/urlprotocols.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batchboot.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batch2.jar:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java_1.7_64/lib/tools.jar
Java Library path = /App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/native/aix/ppc_64/:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64/compressedrefs:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64/compressedrefs:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64/j9vm:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ppc64:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/../lib/ppc64:/App/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin:/usr/mqm/lib64:/usr/mqm/java/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/lib:
Orb Version = IBM Java ORB build orb70-20120304.00
Go to:   
Mobile view