JacquesPeacock
I'm currently developing an application which makes outgoing calls from CTI stations, and then transfers the outgoing call to an AACC queue.

I have two CM systems; a Lab system and Live system which have difference licensing models.

On my lab system, I am able to make calls from CTI stations to any destination via a DMCC make call request.

On my Live system, I am able to make calls directly to other stations. However, when I attempt to dial out via AAR or ARS routing I get an 'incompatibleDestination' response.

I am also able to use make call to make direct outgoing calls from standard stations, just not CTI stations. Both types of station have the same COR/COS restrictions.

Is this a licensing issue?
MartinFlynn
This may well be a licensing problem, even though the error does not seem to indicate it.

If your station is configured on the Communication Manager as type CTI, then I think you will need a TSAPI Advanced license in order to make a call from it. Your lab system probably includes one of these but, in a production environment, it would have to be purchased separately.

If you start the SAT command "list trace station NNNN" before making the call, you may get more information about the cause of the failure.

For what it's worth, the error code is defined as:
EC_INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION – Incompatible destination number. For example, a call from a voice station to a data extension.

Martin
JacquesPeacock
Thanks for your swift response Martin.

We do have a TSAPI advanced license

I traced the call, and it was reporting 'no AAR/ARS route', and I realised this was due to CTI stations having no location and therefore using a different AAR/ARS routing tables. Once I added the relevent routes, the calls started working OK.

MartinFlynn
Thanks, I hadn't come across Locations before.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view