leonroy
I’ve seen other posts and FAQ saying it’s not possible to use DMCC to mute (not Far End Mute) on an Avaya phone? I’m just checking to see if things have changed/moved on….

My Question1: Is there any other way to achieve this (some other API?)? I have a client that's telling me they have successfully done this using Avaya softphone, so I'm raising this for a definitive answer.

PS: Found this in forums: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/3285.page#p52046 .........(Question) If using Avaya Softphone .. (A) not that I am aware of that is supported. A long time ago the IP Softphone supported a TAPI interface through which there may have been a mute capability. Avaya dropped support for that interface quite a long time ago, and the more recent one-X Softphone does not include any TAPI support..........

My client says thery are using one-X softphone and that they can mute, using it.
My Question2: Can someone confirm this and the above? If it's true, i'd like to know the technicalities. How has it been achieved & what API (public/private etc) has been used?
MartinFlynn
Functions like Mute & Volume are controlled locally on the phone and cannot be controlled remotely.

It is, however, possible to simulate Mute using the DMCC Call Control functions SelectiveListeningHold/SelectiveListeningRetrieve. These allow an application to block one phone from hearing another. For conference calls, you can use it several times to block all other phones from hearing yours.

As with all DMCC Call Control functions, the best description of this is in the TSAPI Programmers Guide, "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer’s Reference".

Please note that SelectiveListeningHold requires a TSAPI Advanced license.

Martin
leonroy
Thanks for getting back to me on this "old topic". Can you shed any light on My Question2 above (regarding one-X Softphone)?
MartinFlynn
I assume that by One-X Softphone you mean One-X Communicator.

There is a mute button available on One-X Communicator if it is configured to use the computer to make/receive calls. This makes sense as the computer is used to handle media so it is easy to stop sending any.

If it is configured to use a Desk Phone to make/receive calls, then I think you will find that no mute button is shown as it is not possible to remotely mute audio to the desk phone.

Martin
leonroy
Thanks for your help Martin.
DmitryDzhus
Just my two cents, One-X Agent softphone has its own HTTP API which is available locally. It has a method to mute the phone.
Go to:   
Mobile view