SatyamRajNagapoori
Hello AVAYA,

I have create a dummy station on the System manager, which will not have any entry in the Communication Manager and I am able to login with that extension on 9611G Phone.

However it is allowing me multiple logins with the same extension at the same time and not giving any error. How can we restrict it to one login at a time.

Please let me know if any further information needed.

Regards,
Satyam
MartinFlynn
Hi Satym,

can you please give some more information about your problem? For example:

o How & why do you create a dummy station that is not configured on the Communication Manager?

o Is this a SIP station?

o How are you logging into the station? Desk phones, Softphones, DMCC...?

Martin
SatyamRajNagapoori
Helo martin,

Thanks for the reply.

o How & why do you create a dummy station that is not configured on the Communication Manager?
I m creating it in system manger which I am going to use only for Audio. using telecommute option in one-x.

o Is this a SIP station?
Yes it is a SIP station.

o How are you logging into the station? Desk phones, Softphones, DMCC...?
Deskphone. Using 9611G Hard Phone.

Please let me know any further details are needed.

Thank you again for checking this.

Regards,
Satyam
MartinFlynn
I am still not clear what you are doing here.

It sounds like you have configures a station and logged into it using a Hard Phone. You then log in to the same extension using One-X Communicator in Telecommuter mode. Is this correct? Do you log in to the same extension using anything else? What problem are you having?

Martin

SatyamRajNagapoori
Martin,

Here is the more detailed discussion:

Configuration:

1. I have a DUMMY Station ID created on System Manger ( ID: 1234567) and I am using it to login on SIP Hard Phone 9611G and this will not have any entry in the communication manager. This phone will be registered to SBC.

2. I have h.323 station created on CM and I am using it to login on one-x. (ID: 2222222)
3. I have a agent ID configured on CM (ID: 3333333)

Steps:

1. I have logged into SIP hard phone using 1234567 and this extension is getting registered to SBC.
2. I have configured one-x in telecommute mode and I am using extension 1234567 for audio.
3. Logged into one-x using station ID 2222222 an logged in as agent using 3333333.

Till this point I am good.

Here comes my concern. Let's say I have two 9611G hard phones. (PhoneA and PhoneB) and I have logged into PhoneA using extension 1234567 and able to make and recive calls via telecommute option. Let's say PhoneA is logged and at the time I am trying to login into PhoneB using the same extension 1234567 and it's working. Even though two phone are UP, still calls will be coming to PhoneA.

So that mean I am able to login into two 9611G phones using the same ID.

How can we restrict multiple logins for the same extension at a time.
What settings do I need to follow on system manager while creating a new station.

Regards,
Satyam
MartinFlynn
Edit the user from the User Management -> Manager Users menu and open the Communication Profile tab. The two important parameters are "Max. Simultaneous Devices" and "Block New Registration When Maximum Registrations Active?".

"Max. Simultaneous Devices" controls how many phones can be registered with the same extension. I think yours is set to 1.

"Block New Registration When Maximum Registrations Active?" controls what the system should do if too many phones try to register at the same extension. I think yours is unticked. This means that if an extra phone tries to register at an extension, an older extension is dropped and the new one is allowed to register.

To block a phone from registering at an extension that is already in use, you should tick "Block New Registration When Maximum Registrations Active?".

Martin
SatyamRajNagapoori
Thanks for the update Martin. Let me try this and get back to you.
SatyamRajNagapoori
Hello Martin,

Under Commiunication Profile Tab I am not using any such options like Max. Simultaneous Devices" and "Block New Registration When Maximum Registrations Active.

Our SM is running with version 6.2.0-SP2.

Please Suggest any additioanl settings need to done.

Thanks for your time and support.

Satyam
MartinFlynn
I have Session Manager version 6.3 which does include these parameters. You may need to upgrade yours. You will need these parameters to control the number of stations registering.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view