PraveenGopi
we faced network flapping many times in last past days in that impact the connections between IBM WAS and IC 7.3 (Avaya interactions center ) because the two applications on two different locations.
and when I checked the timeout in runtimeconfig is 4 seconds as below screen shots and in IC VOX the time is 20 seconds as below screen shots .
So on my case as below:
1- The two applications (IC VOX , runtime configure ) not on same locations
IC : main side
Runtimeconfig : in remote side

2- The timeout is different (4 seconds on runtimeconfige and 20 seconds IC Vox )
3- Network between two side (main , remote) flapping many times (not stable)

So what’s the timeout recommendations for (runtimconfig and IC VOX ) for that case .
Filename RE AVAYA VP Publish 1-6393481772 Time 30.msg [Disk] Download
NeilGoldsmith
The recommendation is 4 seconds. Each system will have their own unique timeout settings, so you would have to decide what works best for you. Remember that while the app is waiting on the VOX, the caller is experiencing dead air, so 20 seconds of dead air would not be suggested.
PraveenGopi
Thanks for the response Neil. I have sent the information to customer.
Now the question from them is: Should they increase or decrease the timeout on the IC - VOX or on the IC connector runtimeconfig.
please let us know the possibilities of increasing/decreasing IC VOX Timeout on both Runtimeconfig & Vox server
Could you please help with this query?
NeilGoldsmith
I would have to go back to my previous response. How much dead air do you want the caller to hear? Is more than 4 seconds acceptable for this application? Why is there so much network issues that you need to exceed 4 seconds? Maybe the issue needs to be addressed at the network level to reduce the extended delay.
PraveenGopi
Customer replied back with his concern:

We have two sites. One is main site and another is remote site.
The Main site contains Avaya Call manager and AIC with VOX. And Remote site has IC connector with runtimeconfig(in App server).
The tie between two sites is network link with speed of 12 Mb. Sometimes we are facing flapping in network between these sites.
This flapping impacts only connectivity between AIC VOX and IC connector(runtimeconfig). During this flapping, we are not facing any issue with IVR calls.

The time out have been configured as follows.
• Between Callserver and remote Media Gateway is 15 secs
• Between AIC-VOX and IC connector is 4 secs only

So the question is, Can we increase the Maximum timeout between AIC-VOX and IC connector as 15 or more seconds as call server.
NeilGoldsmith
It seems like the same question is getting asked again and again so maybe they are not understanding the answer?

You can set the VOX-ICC timeout to whatever you want. Just be aware that if you set it to 20 seconds, the user hears dead air for 20 seconds. I cannot think of any IVR scenario where that is acceptable, but maybe that is ok with this customer? The fetch timeout in the browser is 15 seconds, so bump that up to at least 20 seconds.

I would rather fix the router flapping issue than try to cover it up within the app.
PraveenGopi
Customer seems to be confused. They say it is already set to 20 seconds IC - VOX server, and are we suggesting to increase the ICConnector - timeout to 20 secs from 4 secs. Please refer to the new attachment- there are screenshots sent by the customer.

Thanks for your help in Advance..!
Filename RE AVAYA VP Publish 1-6393481772 Time 30.msg [Disk] Download
NeilGoldsmith
Yes, timeouts should be the same on both VOX and ICC side.
RajaMohammed
After changing the VOX timeout in runtimeconfig page (in Appserver), should we restart Appserver?
Or Restarting only runtimeconfig & iconnector applications is enough? Please confirm.
NeilGoldsmith
Just restarting ICC is enough.
RajaMohammed
Thank you very much.
RajaMohammed
Hi,
I configured both VOX & IC timeout as 20000 ms. After that we restarted runtimeconfig & IC connector.
Yesterday, we faced network flapping again for 9 seconds. But the same issue happened(No caller informqation from IVR).
So we forced to restart. Then it started working. Please help for this.
Go to:   
Mobile view