MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

I am having a devil of a time bringing my OD6 projects up to OD7. Here are a few of the error messages I am getting:

1. Localization bundles need to be installed (I have long ago forgotten where these are and how to install them)
2. Scertcommon library missing (the class files in my OD6 projects specified an older file. Do I need to manually edit each class file?)
3. Variable RETURN_VALUE does not exist in the project. (Has this been changed to another name in OD7?)
4. Syntax Error, insert "else statement to complete IfStatement"
5. applicationName cannot be resolved to a variable

I followed the directions (I think) in the installation guide and I am starting Eclipse by clicking on the "eclipse.exe" in the "C:\OD7\Installation\AAOD7.0.1\eclipse" folder. Should I start over and install manually?

Michael Reynolds mike.reynolds@realpage.com (864) 272-3541
NeilGoldsmith
1) install at project properties->languages
https://support.avaya.com/downloads/download-details.action?contentId=C20121191618445320_5&productId=P0408

2) It should have auto updated. Sounds like the update didn't happen. Are your files read only? Can you try to import them again? Did you get any errors?

3) RETURN_VALUE is not our variable. Was that added?

4) not sure on this one. Does the if stmt look ok?

5) Need to see more info on this one.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Man, Neil. You called it. The files were "Read Only" when they came down from SVN..

MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

The change from Read Only resolved most of the errors however I still have a few. This is a conversion from OD6 to OD 7. Before I list the errors can you point me to additional documentation relative to the upgrade? I have read the "Getting Started" doc several times. Here are the errors I am seeing and please let me know what information I can supply to help diagnose and resolve these:

1. Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'CRE_VXML_CallOpt' is missing required source folder: 'src/main/resources' CRE_VXML_CallOpt

2. Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'CRE_VXML_CallOpt' is missing required source folder: 'src/test/resources' CRE_VXML_CallOpt Build path Build Path Problem

3. Description Resource Path Location Type
The constructor Event(String, String[], ExitAction) is undefined AppRoot.java /FrontLineOption_Spanish/WEB-INF/src/flow line 75 Java Problem

4. Description Resource Path Location Type
The constructor Event(String, String[], Goto) is undefined AppRoot.java /FrontLineOption_Spanish/WEB-INF/src/flow line 81 Java Problem

5. Description Resource Path Location Type
src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component 's:schema'. It was detected that 's:schema' is in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema', but components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document 'file:///C:/Codebank/OD7Conversion/CRE/CRE_VXML_CallOpt/LogCall/WEB-INF/classes/connectivity/ws/beans/ServicePointProvider.wsdl'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 's:schema' needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to 'file:///C:/Codebank/OD7Conversion/CRE/CRE_VXML_CallOpt/LogCall/WEB-INF/classes/connectivity/ws/beans/ServicePointProvider.wsdl'. ServicePointProvider.wsdl /CRE_VXML_CallOpt/LogCall/WEB-INF/classes/connectivity/ws/beans line 448 WSDL Problem

6. Description Resource Path Location Type
The type com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files Start.java /LogCall/WEB-INF/src/flow line 1 Java Problem

7. Description Resource Path Location Type
The type com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files setVoiceMailValues.java /PSM_Module/WEB-INF/src/flow line 1 Java Problem

8. There are also 3 errors relating to: ".. <dialog> is not in the workspace, Import the dualog..." The problem is I have imported each dialog into the workspace.

NeilGoldsmith
It looks like you have missing directories and path issues. Scertcommon isn't showing up and there are custom directories that are also flagged as errors. Check that you have all the files and then visit your project props-> Java build path to see what is missing.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Got it. I didn't think of the Java Build path. Hey, do we need to upgrade to Experience Portal 7 to run code generated viaOD 7

MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Where is the "Classfile"? One of the errors references "Tomcat6" but I have changed my Tomcat_Home to Tomcat7.

MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

The java "approot" seems to be in need of an additional reference. Any thoughts on this:

ERROR:
Description Resource Path Location Type
The constructor Event(String, String[], Goto) is undefined AppRoot.java /FrontLineOption_Spanish/WEB-INF/src/flow line 81 Java Problem

JAVA:
public java.util.Collection getEvents(com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession mySession) {
java.util.List list;
com.avaya.sce.runtime.Event event;
list = new java.util.ArrayList(3);
java.util.List eventPromptNames = null;
String ___tempPromptName = null;
event = new com.avaya.sce.runtime.OnDisconnect("FrontLine_Back", false);
list.add(event);

// Item has no prompts associated
eventPromptNames = new java.util.ArrayList();

event = new com.avaya.sce.runtime.Event("error.badfetch", (String[])eventPromptNames.toArray(new String[0]), new com.avaya.sce.runtime.ExitAction(1));
list.add(event);

// Item has no prompts associated
eventPromptNames = new java.util.ArrayList();

event = new com.avaya.sce.runtime.Event("error", (String[])eventPromptNames.toArray(new String[0]), new com.avaya.sce.runtime.Goto("FrontLine_TrackingError", 0, true, ""));
list.add(event);
return(list);

NeilGoldsmith
.classpath is in your project root dir.

You don't need EP 7 unless you are using those features.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Thanks Neil. Does the ResT API fall under the category of "enhanced features" requiring a move to EP 7 ?

NeilGoldsmith
I don't think EP 7.0 supports REST. I'll check.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology. OD7 does support ResT or I should say, a ResT style architecture. I am referring primarily to the self contained construction of the ResT services. ResT keeps its information "in band" and does not need WSDL or any other external "out of band" stuff. My confusion lies primarily over what is defined as "EP7" support and what is defined as (code generated by) OD 7.

NeilGoldsmith
Our web services are independent of EP. It wouldn't matter what version of EP you are using if you were to use REST or SOAP in OD Web services.
MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

That makes sense and thank you for all of the patient explanations.

MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

The upgrade issues have been resolved. I noticed a few quirks in the upgrade that are most likely based upon my manipulation of some of the generated JAVA. I noticed that the upgrade added a second underscore to the IProjectVariables. This messed with some pf ,u calls to the original variables in my over ridden methods. I noticed that a few of the input variables in a few of the dialogs dropped the variable assignments. Other than these self inflicted inujuries, the upgrade has progressed well. Thanks to the Avaya team for the help.

Go to:   
Mobile view