KNaseer
Hi Team,

I have a scenario where I want to create a phantom call to a queue using a custom CCXML application and having it launched by a third party web application via (LaunchCCXML?). While phantom call sits in the queue I want custom CCXML application to keep checking the expected wait time of the queue periodically. Meanwhile if a real inbound call is received by AEP (may be on a different CCXML application?) then I want that call be merged/joined with the one already queued as phantom call. I assume that when LaunchCCXML is executed by third paty web application it will get Session ID of the phantom call being generated. Can the same Session ID be used to identify which phantom call would the real inbound call be merged/joined if there are more than one phantom calls?

Did I explain it well?

Any thoughts on how to achieve this? Is there a better way to achieve this? Would there be any difference if I use SIP or H.323?

Is there a sample application that demonstrates some or all of this functionality?
NeilGoldsmith
I think you should talk to ICR (Intelligent Customer Routing) support on this one. ICR accomplishes some of what you are wanting to do in regards to phantom calls and EWT. However, the merging of the incoming call with the call in the queue, I have never heard before. How does it know to match the 2 calls? You would need custom code to accomplish that, but it won't be at the OD level, more CM based. I would talk to ICR support and see if they can assist you with the call merging too.
KNaseer
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply.

The idea of my application is to retain queue position on behalf of someone who doesn't need to call until his turn is about to come. Expected answer time, queue position or any such criteria is acceptable.

ICR doesn't do this. Any idea how can I achieve this or something similar or close enough?

Please not that its different than avaya call back application. Its in fact call in.
NeilGoldsmith
I don't think OD is the right group for this. This is something at the CM level to handle call coordination with the phantom call and the live call. ICR doesn't do this, but they might be able to assist in what is possible here and how you might go about it.
Go to:   
Mobile view