SandeepParvathreddy

Hi team,

One of the customer has the OD license on Master WebLM
They have two app servers which communicate with master WebLM for OD runtime license.

From one application server runtime config page when the the master WebLM url is presented in the license section and verfiy clicked
it opens up the webpage for the master WebLM.
But when we click update in the runtime config it displays a message -- License URL is not valid or the server is not up.

The following exception is noticed against runtime, CTI , IC when we try to validate an application in the web page
Error :com.avaya.weblm.LicenseException: Problem with connection to server: Connection reset

Attached the screen shots of the exceptions

The other application server gets all validation correctly.

On the app server where this issue is being noticed they installed the tomcat and also re-deployed the runtime config, but still we see the same errors in the runtime license page and when an app is validated.

Appreciate your advice, Thanks.

--Sandeep.

• [Thumb - runtime.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - app page.png]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
check your https settings and certificates on the server that is misbehaving? Are you missing a proxy setting?
SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Ross,

Could you please give some details on the https settings and the certificate.
There are no proxy settings administered on the runtime config.
RossYakulis
What about firewalls, anti virus? Also try clearing the cache for the web browser https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1024256
SandeepParvathreddy
The URL is getting validated when we click verify from the runtime config page. We are able to get to the WebLM server from the browser of the same application server. But when we click the update button the exception - License URL is not valid or server is not up is seen.

Please advise.
RossYakulis
Since one app server works and the other does not, it is clearly a configuration issue. You could compare the 2 servers to determine what the difference is. When you update we use the weblm api to access the server and before we do that we set proxies if they are configured.
SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Ross,

I would need your confirmation to update the customer that this is APP server issue and not runtimeconfig issue.

Also I would like to know which logs would help in getting to know the details of the issue?
Where are the events related to runtimeconfig written? into which logs and their location.

Customer DD license will expire in another day or two. It is running in grace period.
Though I have provided them another temp DD license on the EP, and asked them to leave the URL blank on the runtime config.
I know this will work, but have not verified it as the app server was not restarted. If it doesn't then again it is an outage for them.

Appreciate your advice . Thanks.

Hitesh
Hello SandeepParvathreddy, Ross

I encounter similar issue where both server config are identical but one of server (primary) is always showing "Cache URL" just like owner of the question posted on chat. We restarted tomcat, we rebooted server but this error keep popping up and generate EPM Alarm.

If anyone found the problem solution, please keep me posted

Thanks
Hitesh

• [Thumb - EPMReport.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - AppServer.png]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
The Cached URL is the WebLM url that the app server first retrieves from what has been configured prior to restart or from EPM (if it is not been set). The WebLM URL is the one just got configured on Runtimeconfig. Cached URL shows nothing is in cached yet. You don't need to be concerned. The error in red here basically means the certificate is missing in the trusted_weblm_certs.jks truststore file, which is in the lib directory of Tomcat Home in case you are using Tomcat.
Go to:   
Mobile view