KoichiHonda
One of my customere had experiecned that sometime the call is NOT disconnected with OD disconnect.
To avoid such failure, they want to use AESConnector Disconnect first then call OD Disconnect next.
Sample app is attached.

As you can see the application attached, OD disconnect is always executed after the AESC Disconnect.
So most cases, OD Disconnect tries to disconnect the call which is already disconected by AESC Disconnect.

Can Avaya allow them to implement the application in such way?
AESC Disconnect and OD Disconnect can be invoked in series?

Please let us know what you think. Thanks,
Filename myTestDSC02cti.zip [Disk] Download
KoichiHonda
Anyone could comment on my questions?
NeilGoldsmith
What is happening with just the AESC disconnect? When in AES mode, the MPP does not control the call, so an OD disconnect can cause errors if the MPP tries to perform telephony.
KoichiHonda
>What is happening with just the AESC disconnect?

The call is disconnected if no error happen. (ex. AESC down etc.)

>When in AES mode, the MPP does not control the call,
>so an OD disconnect can cause errors if the MPP tries to perform telephony.

If AESC successfully disconnect the IVR itself, I think the AES mode is over and MPP can control.
My question is whether "OD Disconnect" can be invoked anyway even AESC disconnect successfully disconnect IVR itself or not?

Any technically disadvantage with such coding (AESC disconnect + OD disconnect) or such coding is prohivited by Avaya?
NeilGoldsmith
The MPP does not regain control of the call after the AESC disconnect. The MPP waits to see that the call is disconnected by monitoring the line (via the lamps) and will set up for the next incoming call. If you try telephony operations on EP for that call while in AES mode even after a disconnect, the results will be random.
KoichiHonda
>If you try telephony operations on EP for that call while in AES mode even after a disconnect,
>the results will be random.

As far as I understand, the call is no longer in AES mode after the AESC disocnnect drop EP itself.
So I am assuming there is no harm with such operation. Am I right?
NeilGoldsmith
No, the MPP does not keep up with the status of the call. It is blind to whatever telephony operations you are performing via AES so it has no idea what state the call is in or what has happened to the call. The results of any telephony operations via the platform once you are in AES mode may fail in some random fashion even if you disconnect.
Go to:   
Mobile view