DhavalVasi
I wish to transfer calls to an external IVR over PSTN and send digits to the IVR while the Customer is on hold. I am able to initiate the consultation call but the conference is created as soon as the call is answered by the other party.

I am using AAEP on SIP from SM.

Please suggest how I can take control of the call at each stage.

Regards,
Dhaval
NeilGoldsmith
I don't fully follow what you are doing. How are you initiating the call and are you creating a 3 way conference?
DhavalVasi
I have a requirement to connect a call that is active on AAEP to a remote IVR over PSTN and send DTMF to the remote IVR.

The requirement in detail is as follows:
  • 1. Put the customer on Hold

• 2. Dial the IVR over PSTN (customer is on hold)

• 3. Send digits when the call is connected (customer is on hold)

• 4. Transfer the customer to the remote IVR

• Using the Consult Transfer object, I am able dial the external IVR over PSTN (Step 1 & 2). But the call is patched as soon as the remote IVR receives the call and I am not keep the customer on hold while i send the digits (Step 2).

The whole process is automatic as of now and the Customer gets connected to the External IVR. Please suggest how I would be able to have control over completion of the transfer.

Regards,
    Dhaval
    NeilGoldsmith
    Yes, that behavior is correct. The transfer will pull the caller off hold and connect them to the new active connection. There is no capability to step in and perform an action (send digits) before the caller is transferred. You would need to use a conference call to perform that.
    DhavalVasi
    Do you suggest that i should use a bridge transfer?
    NeilGoldsmith
    No. There is no mechanism in a transfer for you to interject between the time the destination picks up but before the caller is transferred. It is all one operation. You would need a 3 way conf with the caller, callee and IVR.
    Go to:   
    Mobile view