DerekSanders2

I am configuring a 7.0 system that uses an external load balancer for the applications. So, I am only setting one url for the application and the balancing is handled externally. This application is comprised of many sub-modules that pass complex data through the session objects.

Is there anything I need to do on the app/ep side to ensure that module calls stay on the originating server that is chosen by the load balancer?

Thanks!
NeilGoldsmith
You would need to set that up on the load balancer itself.
DerekSanders2
Thanks Neil, so there is nothing I need to/or can do with the platform to facilitate sticky session on the lb, correct?

I had one question about porting from VP 5 to 7. On the 5 system at this customer, I see 'session__sessionid=<readable session id>' in query args for the url. In the 7 system, I see '___DDSESSIONID'. Was this a change or could these systems be configured differently?
NeilGoldsmith
Correct, there is nothing platform-wise you can configure. All the sticky sessions are configed in your LB.

__DDSESSIONID has been on the query string since the beginning, however it was added as a cookie around DD 5.0 for use in sticky sessions.
Go to:   
Mobile view