Swapnil_Bhosale
Hi All,

i am very much interested in sendDigits() API.
However, I am facing issue with this API. I am not sure, how it actually works or if it works in real.

I am doing Single party Call, Playing the TTS on receiving the call by user.
final UUID requestId=mediaservice.play(call.getCalledParty(), playItem, myMediaListener);

In play completed callback i am sending digits using this API. IF "#" is sent the TTS will be played again.
MediaService mediaService = MediaFactory.createMediaService();

MyMediaListener mediaListner = new MyMediaListener(call);
logger.info("Calling Party Is : "+call.getCallingParty().getHandle());
mediaService.sendDigits(call.getCallingParty(), "#", mediaListner);

However, in above code i tried participant as both Called Party and Calling Party but still its not working.
In JavaDoc its written as participant should be to whom you want to send digits.

UUID sendDigits(Participant participant,

String digits,
MediaListener mediaListener)

Sends digits (DTMF tones) to a participant on a call.

Parameters:
participant - the digits will be sent to this participant on the call
digits - the digits to be sent. The supported digits are from the set {0-9, A, B, C, D, *, #}.
mediaListener - the MediaListener that receives media events on completion of the operation.

Please let me know how i can make it works.

Also single party just was a POC where i want to check the potential of sendDIgits API.
In my real project i want to send digits to SCOPIA bridge to get into conference without manually entering the conference id.
In this case, to whom digits need to be sent.

in above case :
firstParty : user who is going to be in confrence
secondParty : scopia bridge.

Need help urgently, as we need to release Snap-In asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnil.
JoelEzell
Hi Swapnil, please try sending to the answering party rather than calling / called. In general, you should use answeringParty or one of the participants from the active participants list.
Swapnil_Bhosale
Hi Joel,

Thanks for response,

I was able to send digit to bridge using call.answeringParty().
However, post entring conferenceId "please hold thankyou" this tts gets played and bridge asks for conference pin but lcall is getting dropped there after hearing please hold.

I tried to add call.allow() in sendDigitCompleted callback then call atleast holds ang gets cut after some time. But, still bridge doesn't asks for conferecne PIN just call gets dropped.

Any idea??
JoelEzell
I'm slightly confused as to what's happening. What is the sequence of messages that you are hearing? Is it possible that you are sending the conference code prematurely? Have you tried putting in a delay between answer and sending the digits? Maybe something on the order of 2-3 seconds?

If the delay ends up working for you, please make sure that you use an EJB timer rather than using Thread.sleep. Doing a sleep ties up that SIP container thread for the duration of the sleep whereas the EJB timer doesn't consume any threads.

One other question: is this an AAC bridge? If so, there is a way to put the conference ID in the Request URI using OutgoingSipMessageListener rather than using DTMF. This will cause the caller to be immediately put into the conference without any menu.
Swapnil_Bhosale
Hi Joel,

I am afraid its a scopia bridge whos API has been exposed as a part of SDK.
If it works with scopia bridge then will be very helpful..

Ideal situation:
1)bridge asks to enter conference id
2)we should eneter correct conf id followed by #
3) if enetered confe id is right then bridge says " thank you please hold" and then asks to enter conf pin. Then we need to enter conf pin followed by #.

My Snap-In
1) when i get callAnswered callback of bridge i am sleeping for 6 second using Thread.sleep() then i am sending conf id using sendDigits api to answering party.
2) then u can hear thank you please hold and call gets dropped .
I am supposed to sleep in send digitcompleted callback for some seconds and then should send conf pin but, call is getting dropped before actually sending digits.

I will try with EJB timer on monday..
However, will it be possible for you for any quick call between us so that i can ask my all queries in single call??

My email id is swapnil.bhosale@gslab.com.

Can please suggest what needs to be done..

One quick question does AAC can be scheduled usind EDP SDK??
If so then does it require any Connector??
Can you give me any sample code if available or any relevant link for doc will also work.
JoelEzell
Hi Swapnil

http://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_conferencing/overview/index.gsp has the documentation for how to invoke the AAC API. Unfortunately. there is no Connector for AAC and AAC is not in the Collaboratory.

I've made a request to see if we can get with you to help diagnose the problem that you're seeing calling into Scopia.
Swapnil_Bhosale
Hi Joel,

Thanks for the link..
I will go through javadoc..

We dont have sso login so can not make service request..
However we have requested Monica nd Barbara regarding same.

Once we get that, i will raise service request for rsst of issues.

Go to:   
Mobile view