JimStvn
Hi All, I'm seeking for anyone's kind assistance to help me with this scenario. I have 2 call flows, PAL and MM, on PAL Call flow, user will enter the CC Num and pin and will go to the Module of MM(on this module, I added the module input for CC Num and Pin) then it will go the module MM call flow. I hope it was clear, now, on the MM Call flow approot(I added the input for CC Num and PIN) since I need to announce it via announcement variable, hope this is clear. Now, There is an option to change the Pin, lets say the Pin is 1, and I changed it to 2, it will pass thru the WS and it will announce successful, then when I go back to the MM Main menu, then go to the option to change the pin again, if I enter the old pin (this should be 2 since we changed it) it will not validate, but if I enter 1, it will go thru to change the pin and ask for the new pin. Hope this is also clear. IVR is caching the data I entered, but after changing the pin and dropping the call, it will now appear as okay since when I call again, on the PAL callflow, I will enter the CC Num and the PIN which is 2.
So, the problem is the caching when going back to the MM Callflow. Hope someone could help me.
Mazahar
First of all make the problem precise.

As I understood your problem is that when you are changing the PIN, It is not announcing in the same call ? May be there is some scope issue for the variable from which you are playing the changed PIN.
WilsonYu
Are you using grammar to validate your input? If so, your grammar has to be dynamic grammar. Is the grammar dynamically generated?
JimStvn
Hi, just to clarify it: I have 2 callflow, PAL and MM, on PAL callflow you will enter CC# and PIN, then it will go to the reusable module of MM(there is a module input), on the APPROOT of MM there is a input of variables. Now, when I change the PIN, let's say from 1 to 2, it will announce successful after passing to the webservice, but if I try to go back to the main menu of MM again, it will use the old PIN which is 1 (I believe it is because it caches the old PIN when it first came to the MM callflow.

Questions:
1. What will happen after I change the PIN and hangup? It will change the pin as expected.
2. What will happen after I change the PIN, go back to the main menu, then change the pin again? It will ask you to enter the old PIN, but then, when you enter your new PIN, it will not validate. You must use your VERY FIRST PIN you entered on the PAL CALLFLOW. Hope this is clear.
WilsonYu
I agree with you it's some kind of cache but I don't know what MM is doing internally. Did you get the module from a 3rd party?
JimStvn
Hi, I also made that MM callflow and made it as a reusable module. Just a brief explanation, MM callflow has a menu to announce the points and also, for the user to change the PIN.
WilsonYu
Can you give me some detail on how the old pin is validated?
JimStvn
Hi Wilson, everyone, apologies for the late revert. As mentioned, from PAL callflow it will enter a module input on the MM module, then on the APP ROOT of MM callflow, i fetch the variables. To answer your question, the old pin is verified once the caller enters the pin, it will get the value of the PIN that was fetched from the approot of MM callflow. This is what happens, when i enter my new pin and get verified, when i enter the old pin, it will still fetch the value of the PIN that was defined on the approot. I believe it should be updated? If not, what approach should I do?
WilsonYu
What I tried to get is what logic or mechanism do you use to validate the pin? If you are using some logic like if/else, what variables are you using and how do you populate the variables? I need technical details.
JimStvn
Hi Wilson, after entering the existing/old PIN, it will go thru the data node in which I am fetching the pincode variable if it is equals that value, then it will go to the next node in which the user will now enter the new PIN. Please see attached images.

• [Thumb - Mabuhay Miles Root.PNG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - PAL Module Input.PNG]
[Disk] Download
JimStvn
Hi Wilson, everyone, thank you for all the help. I found out the solution, after it verifies that the change pin was successful, I added a data node in which I assigned the parameters=pincode and the source was the new_pin collect node Value, from there, I successfully over written the pincode. It is now working!! Thank you guys!
WilsonYu
Great. That's what I tried to lead you to do.
Go to:   
Mobile view