RaymondGaston
I have an application that was originally English only, that I've added Spanish to. This is an OD 7 project on Experience Portal 7.0.2.

The switching back and forth from English to Spanish and back to English works great. But, at one point in the application, one of the Prompt and Collect nodes is not recognizing the input entered while in Spanish when called from a real phone.

I can run the application from OD7, on my desktop, and it works as designed. I can even 'view' the application from either the Tomcat Manager or from the Applications in EP Admin and it will work properly also, both in English and Spanish.

BUT... if I call the application from my phone, it thinks that No Input has been made in one of the nodes. The main.flow works fine. But, all other flows have an issue with understanding the input.. it thinks there IS NO INPUT.

In the flows that don't work, it asks for the beginning letter of their case number. I assign a letter to 1, 2, 3 or 4 as "", C, F, and X, respectively. Then, I ask them for the NUMERIC portion of the case number... THIS is where the problem happens. It will collect the 'prefix' but every time it asks for the NUMERIC portion, it thinks that NO INPUT has occurred.

Does anyone have any idea as to why it isn't recognizing key input in a Prompt and Collect node while set for a second language and how I can fix this issue?

Thanks,
Ray Gaston
WilsonYu
So I get that you tested the app simulation and the deployment seems to be fine.
When you export the app for deployment, did you select Grammar Compatibility that matches your ASR? You would be able to verify it by looking at the app trace.log also. It would looks something like this in the log:

23/06/2016 09:57:44 INFO - F581DC8994661CF5FD480329028EB559:/MyApp: runtime_asr : SRGS-Literals
WilsonYu
There can also be log indicating recognition problem on EP.
RaymondGaston
Yup... I originally set it to Loquendo and DTMF Compatibility to local SRGS-SISR, as we are on Experience Portal 7, and Grammar caching "none". I tried setting DTMF Compatibility to 'native' a few minutes ago, but it still goes straight to my "No Input" section of the node... as if it doesn't hear the DTMF tones. It will accept 'selections' from menus, but when they are asked to enter the number (5 to 10 digits in length) and then press #, it immediately goes to "No Input".

This only happens when I actually CALL the application and when they select Spanish... in English, it works perfectly.

And... from the Tomcat Application Manager, I can get it to work properly in English OR Spanish.

Thanks,
Ray Gaston
WilsonYu
Can you check the data/spanish folder to make sure that the grammar file is there, and in the app trace.log with showxml enabled (in data/ddrt.properties) the vxml is produced fine with the grammar reference. You can post the trace.log for me to check too. Then in the mpp voice browser log, check to see if there is any error. That's how I would go about trouble shooting this problem.
RaymondGaston
I just noticed something that I wonder if that is somehow causing part of the issue. When I was reviewing the log files, I found that it said "error.unsupported.language TTS Language is not available. Language specified: es-la". I had downloaded the Latin American Spanish from the Avaya Support site for OD 7, as Castilian Spanish is not what is spoken here. But, our TTS server is using "Spanish(USA) es-US Ximena F" voice. Can that be part of my problem?
WilsonYu
That could be an issue for TTS if you are using TTS. I am not sure if this would cause other issues like the DTMF one you experienced. Can you try adding a language code in OD to match that on TTS? You would do it first in Preferences->Avaya Aura->Orchestration Designer->Languages and the properties->Languages.
Go to:   
Mobile view