pnwoha
We have a situation at a client where for a few agents when we suggest them, the AES appears to flat out refuse to route to those agents. The AES does not return any error messages. It will simply make another route request for the same call. If we suggest the same agent a second time, the AES will simply pick another agent entirely. This normally occurs between 5 and 10 mins after which miraculously the AES begins accepting that agent to be routed to. After the agent has taken a few more calls, the same scenario I have described above occurs again. This seems to only have for a very few subset of agents, the vast majority of other agents are unaffected. Like I said there are no errors whatsoever and the AES appears to be functioning just fine.
pnwoha
I would like to correct one of my statements, I had said that the AES would randomly pick another agent after the second try. This is because the AES was configured to only try twice instead of the standard three times. So basically the AES is acting as if we never suggested an agent for this particular agent.
MartinFlynn
I am not exactly sure what you are asking about there. AE Services does not route calls. calls are either routed by Connection Manager or by an application using Adjunct Routing.

My assumption is that your application uses Adjunct Routing to route a call and, sometimes, Communication manager does not send the call to the route chosen by the application. Instead, I take it that the vector falls through to the next step after the "wait" step.

I can think of two possible reasons for this (though there may be others).

1. Your application did not respond quickly enough. You could try increasing the wait time in he step after the adjunct route step.

2. Maybe your application returned a number to which Communication Manager could not route the call. Either an invalid number or one that is temporarily unreachable.

Martin
pnwoha
Thanks for the reply Martin. I verified that we returned the extension well within the time limit (no performance limit exceeded errors) and i verified that the extension is valid. Also after about 7 mins or so, the AES magically starts accepting the exact same extension and routes it to the agent.
Go to:   
Mobile view