Lim_member
Hi,

Our main site has Gateway, CM, AVP, MPP systems etc while App Server (tomcat) is located at the other branch in other country.

Which option below uses less bandwidth (between main and secondary site)?
1) Announcement files (not std phraseset) placed in MPP server, requiring App Server (tomcat) to play the announcement via phrase variable URL
2) Place the announcement files locally (in App Server)

Thanks.
RossYakulis
Option 1 would have less latency and the audio files are located on the local file system and would not have to be transported over the internet. BUT, that poses more maintenance issues. When you update the app you have to update the war file and then update the audio files on every MPP. If option 2 works that would be simpler to maintain.
Lim_member
App Server (tomcat) IP : 10.0.0.1
MPP IP : 10.0.0.2

IVR is unable to process the audio file if I use firewall to block the incoming port 10.0.0.1:8080. Is IVR trying to retrieve the whole audio file or merely to acknowledge audio file is successfully retrieved?

Thanks.
RossYakulis
I am not following that comment.

In OD we generate VXML that is processed on the MPP by the Voice Browser or VXI. If you use audio files the VXML contains a tag that references that file <audio src="http://....."/>. The VXI will fetch that url and pull the audio file to the MPP and cache it. So by blocking 8080 you prevent the MPP from accessing the file. When we generate that audio tag we include the "backup text" <audio src="http://.....">Test of what audio says</> and the back up text is played via TTS if the audio file cannot be fetched.

I would recommend that the Tomcat server be located closer to the MPP.
Lim_member
So by blocking 8080 you prevent the MPP from accessing the file

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, MPP will fetch the audio URL through port 8080 from App Server?

Thanks.
RossYakulis
Yes. When the VXML is generated we use the requestURL to generate the URL to the phrase in the VXML.

Something like this:

return (new URL(getProtocolFromRequest(), request.getServerName(), request.getServerPort(), getAppName()
+ URIUtil.encodeQuery(fileName)));
Go to:   
Mobile view