pnwoha
According to documentation setting a phones display doesn't work by default. Some configuration settings must be made to the dmcc interface. What changes need to be made?
MartinFlynn
To what documentation are you referring?

It is not possible to directly update a phone's display using DMCC. It is only possible to receive updates when Communication Manager updates the display.

Martin
pnwoha
Oh that's interesting because there in a "SetDisplay" method and in the "SetDisplay.snippet" provided by Avaya it makes it seem like you can set the display and that is where it mentions that additional configuration is needed.

So when i use SSC it always shows the agent as conferenced in. Is there a way to prevent this so as not to confuse the agent? This is why I was hoping to get the "SetDisplay" method working.
MartinFlynn
I take it that you are SSCing in a recorder. Normally, a recorder is SSCed in with SingleStepConferenceCall.participationType=silent.

This means that the recorder cannot inject audio into the call (not usually a problem) and it leaves the display on the agent and customer's phones unaltered.

Martin
pnwoha
Martin I just noticed I went with the default and set my participation type to active. Thanks so much, this ends up being much easier than I thought.
Go to:   
Mobile view