PhamTuan
Hi experts,

I have an AOD 7.0 script that uses AudioVariables to play account numbers and dollar amounts entered back to callers for verification.
There is much clicking sounds during playback.It means when playing audio variables the sound contains clicking noises or breaks in the speech.
It happens when playing as dollar amounts and spelling chars.
How to correct?

Thank you,
Tuan Pham
RossYakulis
Possibly examine the underlying audio files to see if the noise is in the standard phrases. This has not been noted before. Also it could be the language being used.
PhamTuan
Hi Ross,

Please find the following information:

Example:

I prompt for a 10 digit account number. After entering the number I play it back as an audio variable in a prompt and ask:
"Is this correct? Press 1 for YES or 2 for NO"

Format is 'spelling characters'.

As the 10 digit account number is played back for verification the sound has clicks in it and the digits get clipped.

6631425858 will sound like:
six six three one fo "click" two fi "click" eight fi "click" eight ("click" is the disturbed sound)

More information: it is on AAEP 7 platform

Hope this can help you pointing out the issue!

Thank you,
Tuan Pham
RossYakulis
So they are using wav file? what is the vxml for an example 10 digit number and also the corresponding wav files? I really do not think this is an OD issue though.
PhamTuan
Hi Ross,

They are using wav files.
They can listen to the underlying wav files and they sound fine.
Could it be a latency issue if the app server is very busy?

Thank you,
Tuan Pham
RossYakulis
If the underlying wave files are fine then you need to look to the platform support. OD is only responsible for generating the vxml page with the correct URLs to the wave files. There is nothing more I can do for you here.
PhamTuan
Thank you, Ross!

I will need to check with AAEP expert to clarify this issue.

Best Regards,
Tuan Pham
Go to:   
Mobile view