Juani
Hi guys, I am working with the OD HTML Plugin. I am facing this issue:

- I show an announce to enter a phone number
- the user do not interact with our app
- the session dies
- the user try to enter a phone, and it gets a SCERuntimeException.

My question is if is there a way to catch this. I am trying to catch that in the next node (a Data one) but it is not working. Can I catch that exception in a Announce Html ONE?

I attach the logs and screen captures.

The OD version is 7.1.0.1102.

Thanks,
Juan.
  • [Thumb - flow.JPG]
[Disk] Download
Filename timeout error.txt [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
21/12/2016 21:59:18:322 INFO - Node Entry | channel:unknown | CFA_VisualRouter:IA_1050_EnterPhoneNumber | Framework | IA_1050_EnterPhoneNumber | | |
21/12/2016 22:29:20:110 INFO - 43FD7B2AE43855D43CA78B87BC43A5E6:/CFA_VisualRouter : HTTP Session lost removing SCESession 43FD7B2AE43855D43CA78B87BC43A5E6

Notice the difference in time. The default timeout for Tomcat session is 30 minutes. see <tomcat_home>/conf/web.xml

<session-config>
<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Juani
So, what should I do? What is the session timeout for a SCESession? Should I use the same timeout?

Thanks,
Juan.
RossYakulis
The scesession is tied to the http session. So you can increase that timeout. At somepoint the user needs to complete the app or the session will timeout which allows the runtime to cleanup up resources.
MatthewKopcienski
We want to just catch this event so we can render a nice session timeout screen instead of what we get now. We don't want the user to see the OD trace.
RossYakulis
See attached image.
  • [Thumb - Capture.PNG]
[Disk] Download
jnahas
We've tried adding the event "On Session Timout" on the App Root, but no catching is taking place.
Once the timeout minutes for the Tomcat (conf/web.xml) are reached, the next interaction displays the Error.

Increasing the timeout won't be a workaround since per requirements should be 5 minutes, and the user should be prompted to start over again the operation.

Is there a way to handle the http session timeout inside the Tomcat? Or maybe another suitable way to do it in OD?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge.

• [Thumb - root.jpg]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
There are couple slides in the deck attached that show how to handle this.
Filename AAEP_OD_71_Customization.pptx [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view