Melanie
Hello All,

This is the first post I have made here so I hope this is in the right location. I wanted to get some suggestions on what Version Control Software would be good to use in conjunction with OD. We will begin using OD in the next few months and there will be several different Developers who will need to work on different aspects of the projects. I would also appreciate any best practices that you may have as well.

Thank you,
Melanie
WilsonYu
Eclipse works well with CVS and Subversion. CVS comes with the Eclipse installation. For Subversion, you have to install the plugins separately. We have been using these two for our development.
In terms of sharing an OD project among team members, you would be better off dividing the flow map into different flow files and each member to develop a piece. If you have multiple projects, identify a module or modules which can be reusable by different projects, and make it a separate project.
In terms of what to check in, the content in data folder of the project is pretty much generated by meta data in the English(or other language) folder. You may want choose to "ignore" some of the files (such as the grammar and logs) so that your change review may be easier.
The src folder contains the generated Java files which supports the runtime and they are also customizable. Be default we generate a timestamp in the code whenever it gets re-generated without any real change. You may want to disable the feature in the Preferences->Avaya Aura->Orchestration Designer->Speech to help change review.

If you have any more particular question, please let us know by posting in this forum.
Melanie
Thank you Wilson. I appreciate the help!
Go to:   
Mobile view