Mache
Hi,

I am trying to receive incoming sms from a vendor gateway. In the reply sms I can see a lot of escape characters in the body of the text which actually are not sent by the customer. I can see them in the trace.log file of AVAYAPOMSMS application.

I think due to this the incoming sms is not getting processed.

Please can you let me know how I can I remove these escape characters. Is there a setting to do this in POM. Or is this purely sent from the vendor gateway.

I have other vendor gateway who is sending the reply incoming sms correctly and I am not receiving these special characters.

Reply sms xml:
<textMessage application="" bcc="" cc="" from="+64212345678" id="SMS-12374" inbound="true" mediatype="sms" messagetype="normal" providerid="0" sessionid="EPM-2017065140421-43" status="0" timecreated="1488769463350" to="2417" ucid="10002000441488769461" usercredential="">
<body type="text">
<content original="�H�i� �O�m�e�s�h�,� �h�o�p�e� �y�o�u� �a�r�e� �h�a�v�i�n�g� �a� �g�r�e�a�t� �d�a�y�.� �R�e�g�a�r�d�s� �S�h�o�n�a" text="�H�i� �O�m�e�s�h�,� �h�o�p�e� �y�o�u� �a�r�e� �h�a�v�i�n�g� �a� �g�r�e�a�t� �d�a�y�.� �R�e�g�a�r�d�s� �S�h�o�n�a"/>
</body>
<attachments/>
<platform link="Click2Send"/>
<headers/>
</textMessage>

Also in this vendors from address I am getting a + as prefix in the from value "from="+64212345678"". From the other vendor, I am not getting + as prefix.

Is this another reason due to which the incoming sms not getting processed.
Also can I edit AVAYAPOMSMS to update the logic. And can I get this application and how?

MikeMalcorINI [Avatar]

I think you are on to something. The incoming SMS, once it figures out which application to use, will use the CAV values to determine the POM Campaign to go back to, and then it will look for the contact to update, by matching the from number with the phone number value. if the phone attribute value is 64212345678 and the from number is +64212345678 (with the +) then POM can't figure out which contact to update.
A custom SMS application may be needed to strip off the +.
You might try putting +64212345678 (with the +) as the phone attribute value and see if that will allow POM to get the reply.
As far as the escape charters, that looks like HTML formatting to me, like it is somehow set up for email instead of SMS.
Verify the "Enable HTML format" isn't ticked in the Text Item in the Campaign Strategy.
Go to:   
Mobile view