venkz
Hi,

I want to develop a snap in, Which triggers the another application at some point of time in the main application.

For example : Main application >> Snap in(Used for Trigger) >> Feedback App >> End
How to develop a snap for this scenario?

I know we can trigger through URL or some other methods, But i want to develop a snap in for this scenario.

Thanks,
Venkoba

NicholasKwiatkowski [Avatar]
venkz wrote:Hi,
I want to develop a snap in, Which triggers the another application at some point of time in the main application.

For example : Main application >> Snap in(Used for Trigger) >> Feedback App >> End
How to develop a snap for this scenario?

I know we can trigger through URL or some other methods, But i want to develop a snap in for this scenario.

Are you thinking about developing this app via Engagement Designer, or are you thinking of creating it as a Java based snap-in?

When you say "main app" what are you referring to? Another snap-in?

--------------------------- Nick Kwiatkowski Michigan State University, Telecom Systems Planning and Engineering Team Adj. Professor of Media and Information Studies
JoelEzell
Sorry for the delayed response. Can you provide a few more details on your use case? Especially:
- Is the primary function of these snap-ins to handle calls?
- Does your "feedback app" need to manipulate the call? In particular, does it have to perform media operations such as playing announcements?

If the feedback app doesn't need to do any call/media control, this is fairly straightforward. The best way to trigger the app would be via the Eventing Framework or Collaboration Bus. If the feedback app needs to do call control but not media control, EF or CB may still be the way to go. If you need to do media operations, the feedback app will need to be a Call Intercept app.
venkz
Thank you all for the response!!.

My problem got resolved i understood by above conversation.

Now i need to know how to use deployed snap-in(API) in engagement designer(ED). I mean to know hoe it will reflect in ED and how i can use that API in ED work flow?.

Thanks,
Venkoba G
JoelEzell
This thread in the Engagement Designer forum should give you some ideas. The thread suggests using the Eventing Framework to signal back and forth between two workflows. It could equally easily be used to signal back and forth between a workflow and a Java snap-in. There is a bug that might impact your desired use case, though.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20887.page#p148753

Another option would be to create a Dynamic Task Type that can invoke your Java snap-in via the Collaboration Bus. The CB provides a request / response paradigm that fits will with asynchronous Dynamic Task Types.

Lastly, you could look at using the REST task to invoke a web service on your snap-in.
Go to:   
Mobile view