Aravind.Subramanian
Hi Team - We are using IC Connector to interact with IC in our application. Please find below environment.
AD - 7.0
EPMS - 7.0
Tomcat Application Server - 7.0

Since we are having more than one application server, we have configured a load balancer.

When we invoke GetVDU call through the load balancer we are getting exceptions but when we use one of the application Server ip address configured in EPMS we are getting GETVDU response.

Load balancer URL to IC:
ICCommand.execute: Talking to ICC using URL: http://a.b.c.d:8080/icconnector/RequestWebID

Application server URL to IC [IP address configured in EPMS:
ICCommand.execute: Talking to ICC using URL:http://abc.com:80/icconnector/RequestWebID

Is there any additional configurations required? can you please provide your suggestion, how to invoke and get success response from IC when we use load balancer?

Attached the trace log when we use load balancer for IC Calls:

Filename Trace.log [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Please note this from the documentation:

VRUSM/HTTPVox specific failover

The VRUSM supports automatic failover. If you configure multiple VRUSM servers, then the Interaction Center Connector (ICC) communicates with the servers in a round robin fashion, sending each command to a different VRUSM in the list.

If any VRUSM fails either by detection of a failed pong response or if the ICC is unable to communicate with it on a prior request, it is removed from the active server list. The ICC then pings the server on a periodic basis to determine if it is active. If it does become active, it is moved back to the active list of servers for further commands.

I am not sure why it does not work with a load balancer but the connector will do its own balancing.
RossYakulis
The way things work is this: In the data node when the IC command is executed, a request (HTTP) is sent to the ICConnector web application on the same host (localhost). That web application makes the actual request to the IC system. You probably want to use the local host option when using a load balancer. see attached.
  • [Thumb - ic.png]
[Disk] Download
Aravind.Subramanian
Thanks Ross for your input, I found an issue in the IC configuration. It seems we need to enable and configure port for the communication in Eclipse.
Project properties --> Orchestration Designer --> Pluggable Connectors --> Avaya IC Connector
1. Check "Communicate to the ICC using localhost:<port>
2. Enter the port number to communicate [Mostly it is a tomcat port number].

Or we can add below config parameters in web.xml on the deployed application.
<context-param>
<param-name>sage.ic.localport</param-name>
<param-value>8080</param-value>
<description>port for ICC communication</description>
</context-param>

After doing this, I am able to get the EDU VDU values in AD application.

It resolved my IC issue.

Go to:   
Mobile view