Tarun
Hi Team,

We have replaced a new prompt with old prompt but the name remain same. But It is being played with old announcement only near about 30 min and after that automatically new announcement being played.

I think it was playing from cache . Customer requirement it should be play immediately after replacement the prompt.

Could you please guide me how to achieve this .

• [Thumb - MPP setting.jpg]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
In OD 7.2 the phrase segment in a prompt supports a "No Cache" (true|false) option. Prior to OD 7.2 you will need to use custom VXML fo r this like below:

out.println(" <audio src="nocache.wav" maxage="0" maxstale="0">file not available</audio>");
JaydeepH
Dear Team,

I faced similar issue wherein the prompt was getting played from MPP cache memory instead of fetching it freshly from Application Server.

We have AAOD 7.2.1 latest release. I did change the settings below as recommended in this forum:

1. Phrase (No Cache) value set to True

2. We have a java code overwriting this particular phrase whose value automatically gets changed to True when we set No Cache = True in OD:
add(1, new com.avaya.sce.runtime.PromptElement(com.avaya.sce.runtime.PromptElement.PHRASESET,"ExistingGreeting:fakePhrase",false,true));

3. In the SessMgr Trace, we can still see the prompt getting fetched via cache memory:

Queueing Prompt mode [PromptSeqNode]: Type P_AUDIO, [/opt/Avaya/ExperiencePortal/MPP/AVB/cache/swi_OSBinet/0/39.sbca.BAK (https://10.xx.xx.xx:xxxx//Recordings//Agent/456789_morning.wav)],

Playing wavefile /opt/Avaya/ExperiencePortal/MPP/AVB/cache/swi_OSBinet/0/39.sbca.BAK (https://10.xx.xx.xx:xxxx//Recordings//Agent/456789_morning.wav)|

4. In the VB logs too, we see the same - prompt playing via cache memory. Here, we also see the maxage and maxstale both = 0.

Is there any other configuration setting that we may have missed out?

Requirement:
Only this one particular prompt should be played via application server path instead of MPP cache memory.

Appreciate any inputs on this regard,

Thanks for your support.

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar

• [Thumb - Cache-setting.jpg]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
There is setting in the voice browser via EPM. Have you taken a look at that?
JaydeepH
Hi Wilson,

Yes, I know the VB setting - Max cache age (Audio = 3600 seconds default) --> I need this value to be set to 10 seconds (only for one particular prompt in one application); however, as this setting is MPP wide, it will apply for all the applications all prompts which we do not wish.

Audio
The maximum length of time that an audio file can be in the cache before the application considers it to be stale and forces the MPP to download the audio file again.
Enter a whole number of seconds in this field. The default is 3600.

Hence, I was looking for some setting within AOD which I implemented in the phrase - No Cache set to 'True'.

Is this setting correct or is there anything additional that I may have missed out?

Thanks for your support.

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar
WilsonYu
I see. Do you see in the vxml log where <audio> element is specified, the attributes maxage and maxstale set to 0? If so, you would have to contact Avaya support to see if there is a bug or solution in the MPP. There is nothing else you can do in OD.
JaydeepH
Hi Wilson,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, as stated earlier, we definitely see the values as zero in VB logs:

In the VB logs too, we see the same - prompt playing via cache memory. Here, we also see the maxage and maxstale both = 0.

Just a thought:
Will Transitional Audio work in this case? Not sure if this will resolve?

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar
WilsonYu
Transitional audio is used when you play a phrase for a specific time while the system is doing something in the background. It is certainly specified in a different vxml element. I am not sure if technically it fetches the audio every time. It might since there is no maxage or maxstale you can set. You could give it a try to see if that works for you.
Go to:   
Mobile view