SaurabhMehta4
Hi,

I am using JTAPI and trying to monitor a VDN to capture call events (recieved at VDN, delivered to Agent, answered by Agent and disconnected). When I directly dial call the VDN using a CM station, then my java code is working fine and I am able to recieve all above event while monitoring the VDN.

However when i call the AAEP IVR first and my call is transferred to the same VDN from IVR, my monitoring code doesn't get any events except the Call Recieved event. I have tried using both CallObserver and CallListner on VDN (LucentAddress) however no luck.

Kindly suggest how to get all call events while transfering a call from IVR to this VDN.

My sample code for reference
LucentAddress vdn_address = (LucentAddress) ProviderService.getProvider().getAddress("4309");
vdn_address.addCallObserver(new CallObserver() {

@Override
public void callChangedEvent(CallEv[] callEvents) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

System.out.println("-------------------------------------------------");

for(int eventIndex=0; eventIndex < callEvents.length; eventIndex++) {
System.out.println("EventId - " + callEvents[eventIndex].getID());
System.out.println("MetaCode - " + callEvents[eventIndex].getMetaCode());
System.out.println("Cause - " + callEvents[eventIndex].getCause());

}

and also

try {
CallControlAddress callControlAddress = null;
try {
callControlAddress = (CallControlAddress) ProviderService.getProvider().getAddress("4309");
} catch (InvalidArgumentException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

try {

callControlAddress.addCallListener(new ConnectionListener() {
}
}
}
SaurabhMehta4
Hi,

I have tried initializing a VDN address using an Address Object i.e. Address address = ProviderService.getprovider.getAddress("VDN_NUM") and have added CallListner of interface type CallControlConnectionListner.

Here I am able to receive the CallReceived event, CallQueued event but not receiving any events when call is connected to Agent i.e. connection ringing, connection established, connection disconnected.

Any advice on if I am doing anything wrong with respect to Address type or CallListner interface type.

MartinFlynn
AFAIK, what you say you are doing is correct and should give you the events you want. When I use the JTAPI Exerciser to monitor a VDN, I do get these events.

I am a bit confused by your mention of "CallReceived event" and "CallQueued event". CallControlConnectionListner does not provide any events of these names. They are all called "connectionXXX".

I would suggest that you increase the JTAPI trace level and see that monitors are being set and what events are being received from AE Services. You should see the application sending a CSTAMonitorCallsViaDevice request. You should see Delivered events and an Established event when the call is answered.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view