VasilyL
Hi Guys!

I have a simple WSO and there is a requirement to definitely distinguish two separate failures: WSO timeout and when web service is not available at all.

Well, probably I can put something like catch<*> and later try to analyze/parse stack trace or something like that. But I think that probably there is a standard way to do it, for example catch<fetch.timeout> or something like this. In case I would be able to distinguish at least timeout exception then it could help a lot.

Thanks in advance!
Vasily.
RossYakulis
You need to be careful here. The default webservice timeout is 45 seconds and I think the fetch timeout is 30. You always want the web service timeout to be less that the fetch timeout. If not you end up in a situation where 2 threads for the same app are acvtive (the waiting thread for th web service request and a new thread activated when the fetchtimeout happens). The web service thread will be killed off when it wakes up, but you will see a bunch of error logging.
VasilyL
Hi Ross,
That is the question, how to handle it properly.
How I can catch wso operation timeout?
What is the best choice?
My wso operation has three options:
URL is not available,
No response during a period of time,
And response is received.

I have to react according each situation.
Sorry, if I am a little bit confusing but do not know how to explain it more clearly.

And one more time thanks for help!
RossYakulis
you should get an AxisFault on the errors but I am not sure what the differences would be.
VasilyL
Hi, Ross!

Thanks for help!
I was able to change customer view about situation he wanted! So, no more need for that difficult fork.

One more time thanks!!!
Go to:   
Mobile view