VasilyL
Hi Gurus!

My question is quite simple.
I have Prompt and Collect node. Client needs to input his bithday - 6 digits. I set terminating timeout to 10 seconds.
But the problem is in case when client spends only 5 seconds for input. The rest 5 seconds he listens silence.

How to set up properties to avoid waiting for the rest 5 seconds but instead continue thread execution and switch to the next node?

In the attachments I put screenshots to make clear my settings.

Thanks in advance!
  • [Thumb - BirthdayGrammar.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - PromptAndCollectBithDay.png]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Try looking at this: https://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/#dmlATiming
VasilyL
Hi,
thanks for a quick replay.

If I correctly understood then the case "termchar Empty When Grammar Must Terminate" is my case, citate: "In the example below, the entry of the last DTMF has brought the grammar to a termination point at which no additional DTMF is expected. Since termchar is empty, there is no optional terminating character permitted, thus the recognition ends and the recognized value is returned."

So, my solution should be:
first) remove terminating timeout value.
second) set fetch timeout (10s) to restrict total time to wait input.

Am I right?
RossYakulis
No do not alter the fetch timeout. If the fetchtime is activated you will receive an error.badfetch.404 or equivalent.
I would alter the interdigit timeout and the over all prompt timeout (default 8s).
VasilyL
Ross, Thanks for consultation!
I decided to use interdigit timeout. I do not have any prompt in my Prompt and Collect node, so I cannot set up overall prompt time out.

BTW, I use a global catch in AppRoot for fetch.timeout event. And the control goes directly to that catch and then processed correctly. Do you think it is a bad pattern?
RossYakulis
That is fine. My comment was really related to the fact that you would not want to alter fetchtimeout to handle a delay after DTMF input.
Go to:   
Mobile view