DmitrySenashenko
Hi Folks,
Who could clarify the subj?
I read docs 5 times and KT 3 times and I don't understand anything about subj still :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have HTML5 app and I have second one Speech APP where another caller calls to APP and it should route the call according to HTML5 App info. I am trying to use Conversation PDC. I am able to create conversation I am able to see it at DB.
But how should I map original conversation to second call from random ANI. It has random "from".
I am screwed.
And when I try to add "Add conversation Alias" to my App then I got exception. "Not able to add alias".
OD 7.1 and EP 7.1 Tomcat 8.
Who worked with this?
I'll very appreciate for any additional comment or info. My mind is out.
Rg, Dmitry
WilsonYu
The Conversation pdc is more for SMS and Email apps since the those apps process one message at a time (one session). It helps to automatically keep the context between message and thread them as one conversation. If you want to keep the context for multiple apps of different types or channels, you should use the Context Store pdc instead. The conversation alias is just part of the conversation id that the user can determine on their own.
DmitrySenashenko
Hi,
It is not clear for me still.
First App show do Start Conversation, Alias Conversation, Complete Conversation.
What Second App show do for mapping of Conversation?
I am able to create conversation and I can see it in DB. But I don't understand how my second App should get info from it.
Do you have example? Could you share it with me?
Best regards, Dmitry
WilsonYu
Have you looked at the sample app such as ColorGuessConversationSMS and TicTacToeConversationSMS in the ISO bundle?
DmitrySenashenko
Thank you. But these samples don't show all functions of conversation feature.
Actually I think now the conversation feature is not completed yet.
It was designed for email/sms applications. But EP is able to integrate all kinds of channels. Voice and Web as well. Why conversation feature doesn't cover it?
Actually it is very useful idea to create legal way for create of small database on EP DB base for different kinds of conversations between all type of channels. But looks like it was not finished.
Of course there are other ways for portable databases inside application but PDC for such purpose could give fast possibility for easy OD developers to create their easy integration applications.
Best regards, Dmitry
RossYakulis
If you use the PDC that creates an outbound call the conversation is passed to the newly launched applicaiton. Also if you use the generateURL PDC the conversationid (if present) is included in the url.
Go to:   
Mobile view