MSlivka

When my C## application calls serviceProvider.GetPhysicalDeviceInformation(avayaDevice.UserDevice.getDeviceIdAsString, null);,
An exception is thrown indicating a version problem: "This command only supported in AES running version 5.0 or later."

In my test environment, AES is version 6.3.3. and my application using ServiceProvider.dll version 6.3.

I have tried initiating the application session using Protocol versions 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 but it makes no difference, the function calls fails in all cases. It is apparently failing in the dll because the GetPhysicalDeviceInformation message XML never makes it to the network (or wireshark doesn't capture it).

Also, using Dashboard 7.0.0.38 with protocol set to 6.3, the GetPhysicalDeviceInformation function does complete successfully.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue??
MartinFlynn
It sounds like, even though the AE Services and DMCC Client are newer than 5.0, the DMCC protocol used is 4.2 or earlier.

Find the StartApplicationSession request from the application in your Wireshark trace. Check that it is using the correct protocol version.

If it is not correct, examine how you are setting the protocol version in the application. The connection is started by serviceProvider.StartApplicationSession(). Please note that if your application is based on the sample app, there may be two places where serviceProvider.StartApplicationSession() is called. If, so make sure you are updating the correct one.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view