MichaelNorman
I have this issue that just popped up out of nowhere. I have OD 7.1 and using the eclipse that comes packaged with it. I recently also installed eclipse neon so that I can start working on Breeze. I have that installed to a different folder, different workspaces etc. That is the only change I can think of making. Recently I attempted an export of an OD project and I see the dreaded error as in the title about source below 1.7.

I managed to quickly copy the tmpbuildscript and sure enough the javac line there is telling it my project is source level 1.5. How can I fix this?

<javac classpathref="project.classpath" debug="${javacDebugInfo}" destdir="${dir.classes}" encoding="UTF-8" failonerror="${javacFailOnError}" includeAntRuntime="no" source="1.5" target="1.5" verbose="${javacVerbose}">
MichaelNorman
A couple of settings I recently checked are that preferences -> ant -> runtime -> classpath all ponts to jars in the AAOD7_1 folders. I also checked that the Global Entries setting there is set to jdk1.8 folder\lib\tools.jar.
WilsonYu
Interesting...we have 1.5 hard coded in the internal build script but I am not seeing problems like this even though I implicitly introduce the <> operator in my code. Can you try adding the following two properties in Preferences->Ant->Runtime->Properties

<property name="java.target" value="1.7" />
<property name="java.source" value="1.7" />

The following link says it works without modifying the build file:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22913723/ant-use-source-7-or-higher-to-enable-diamond-operator

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this problem to give you a solid answer.
MichaelNorman
Oddly enough if I uncheck "rebuild" and "regenerate" it works. Unforutunately your options did not make a difference. I took the temp build script that I copied out of the project directory, changed source and target to 1.8. Then I copied into the project directory and ran it as an ant build, and it generated the WAR file successfully.

I still can't seem to make this work.

This is the piece of code that is generating the error. Can you create a dummy type and put this in a project and see if it will make it build? The "new ArrayList<>()" is the issue.

public UpdateResponse addMessagesItem(Message messagesItem) {
if (this.messages == null) {
this.messages = new ArrayList<>();
}
this.messages.add(messagesItem);
return this;
}
WilsonYu
Now I see why. You had the Rebuild checked. I never had this checked. I normally have Eclipse automatically build the class when I make any change. By default, the Project->Build Automatically is turned in the Eclipse environment. So when the Rebuild flag is not checked, OD will not run the Rebuild Project target which has the "source=1.5" attribute. This is something we may need to fix in the future to get rid of the obsolete 1.5 support though.
MichaelNorman
Very interesting. I have always checked this during my exports, but I'll refrain from doing it from now on. Thanks for the info!
pavan.irukuvajula.team.telstra.com
Similar issue encountered when using Lambda function with Java 1.8 getting error with OD 7.2.3 since ANT build using Java source 1.7.
It seems we need a permanent fix instead of OD hardcoding with Java source it should consider Workspace Java JDK version.
Go to:   
Mobile view