GeorgeGao
Hi,

I am quite new to the API.

Here is my use case, and i just want to hear you opinion on whether this is a proper way to use SMS API.

My customer is a hotel, and they are using PMS data link to push the data to CM.

They want to have a custom application to retrieve such info from CM when agents answer the guest call, the info should be pass to the agent.

After i did some research, i believe SMS API can be used for this use case. Agent may need to see the room status, and the guest name.

To fetch the info, I want to use :

1. StationStatus model and the "status" operation to query the guest station status, then get the room status,
2. Station model and the "list" operation to query the guest name, which is the station name.

After calling the API, should can then display them in whatever way i can.

Does it sound ok? :)

Thank you very much.

George
GeorgeGao
I notice the API took 2 to 3 seconds to give back. So if i call 2 methods, display station and to show station status, it will take around 5 seconds?

Is there a way to speed it up?

George
JohnBiggs
to help other users find information please try to keep from fragmenting a thread into multiple topics.
1) I would remove the space in <Extension>48000 </Extension>
I would also use the CM SAT to verify that extension 48000 is a station extension
2) The responsiveness of activity at the SAT is driven by the load on CM, and the load on AES, the actual query invoked and the network delays that are occurring. You can utilize multiple sessions in order to create some parallel activity and get responses a bit quicker but using multiple sessions reduces other user's ability to access the SAT.
Go to:   
Mobile view