MD_GS
For some unknown reason, we have a test application that will not switch to the defined Spanish language. We have tried everything to get the Spanish audio files to play, but every time we test the application in the simulator, the URLs for the audio phrases point to the English version, not the Spanish. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction to resolve this issue.

Our simple test application is configured as follows:
* English standard phrases are not installed, localization bundle is installed
* Spanish standard phrases are not installed, localization bundle is installed
* English phraseset points to external URL specific for English audio files
* Spanish phraseset points to external URL specific for Spanish audio files.
* First node calls the "Set current language" operation in a data node all by itself.
* Next node sets a date string in the format of 'YYYYMMDD' (this is used to test the processing in the prompt)
* Next node is the prompt which plays specific phrases based on the date string value.
* In all cases, the application will only play the English audio files.
* This happens in both the simulator and when deployed to a test application server.

I can provide anything needed to help diagnose this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
WilsonYu
Are you sure the data node sets to Spanish in execution? You can also try to set the Starting Language to Spanish in the Properties to least see Spanish audio is being used without switching in the middle of the flow.
MD_GS
Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the reply. According to the log file, the data node sets Spanish execution. We also did try to set Spanish as the start language. Both to no avail. I tried setting the start language to Spanish and completely removing English. When I did that, the application threw errors because there was no English.

It's very odd, for sure. We get the same results in both the application simulator and when deploying to a Tomcat server and testing through the AEP. I've attached the AEP log from the last run on Friday. On line 268 you can see the result of the "Set current language". The final prompt still references the "English" external URL. And yes, the URLs are set correctly in the English/Spanish languages. The URLs are as follows:

English: /Phrases/Custom/English/
Spanish: /Phrases/Custom/Spanish/

Michael
Filename trace1.log [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Looks like you have some custom stuff going. The path "/Phrases/Custom/<language>/" is not standard in OD. If you have a wav file referred to by the app, the standard path should be /<app>/data/<language>/Phrases. This question lies in how you defined the phrases for each language.
WilsonYu
If you defined the phraseset with an external URL base, make sure you did it for the phraseset in each language.
MD_GS
The external phrase locations are defined for each language, as specified previously.

English: /Phrases/Custom/English/
Spanish: /Phrases/Custom/Spanish/

WilsonYu
I did a test and I don't see such problem. You can try my test app attached.
Filename TestExtPhrase.zip [Disk] Download
MD_GS
Turns out it's the project. We have no idea what's "special" about this project, but we created a new project and it's correctly utilizing the Spanish audio when we set the current language to Spanish. It's a mystery.
BrisyGarcia
Hi, I've updated the project to OD 7.2.1 and it's only responding in English. The Spanish wording is showing on the Simulator as it should but it will not speak in Spanish.

The following is the test configuration:

-Text to Speech en-us & es-mx standard phrase not installed
-Localization package en-us(3.1.2) & es-la(3.1.9) set to true and installed

I also set Spanish as starting language but nothing gets said.

I've created a new project as suggested but didn't change anything.

Nothing gets written to the report or trace logs. Attached is what appears on the console and simulator window.

Thank you in advance.

Filename 20190614 messages.txt [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
For TTS and ASR to work in the simulator, your Windows has to support it. Typically the Windows installations in the US only support English (or en-US) by default. I am not sure about your environment. Have you done a test in the Control Panel -> Speech settings to find out?
Go to:   
Mobile view