YidiXiao
Hi,
I have a question from customer.

The latest AES connector from AAOD 7.2.1 still doesn’t support TLS 1.2 as we can see that the current JTAPI client(version 6.3.3) only supports TLS 1.0. It seems a product limitation, no work around available to set TLS 1.2 in current version.

Is there any plan from product house to support TLS 1.2 in AES connector? If so, what is estimated timeframe?

Thanks,

Yidi
WilsonYu
OD is still using (distributing) the 6.3.3 JTAPI client library to connect AES as part of the connector solution. The best bet for customers who wants to use TLS 1.2 is downloading the 7.1.3 library from Devconnect (or other support channel) and replace the ecsjtapia.jar library under the AESConnector app’s WEB-INF/lib. Please give that a try. OD does not directly talk to AES. It’s the jtapi library that does the work. We will consider upgrading the library for the next release.
YidiXiao
Hi Wilson,
Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
Do you have an estimated timeframe for next release?

Thanks,

Yidi
WilsonYu
I don't have the exact time fame. Probably by the end of the year.
YidiXiao
Thank you!
Bowie1888
Hi All, I have a similar query regarding AAOD and supported TLS versions.

We have an upgrade ongoing with a thrid party IVR application and all servers are being upgraded to supported versions. When installing sha2 certs between AAOD and AESconnector we discovered that the certs would only take when TLS1.0 was enabled. Would this only be for the certs between AAOD and AES? The issue we have is that the new IVR application is TLS1.2 only and we are concerned that there may be an issue.

Avaya support engineers pointed me here for answers.

Thanks

Paul
WilsonYu
The JTAPI library talked about earlier has been upgrade to 7.1.3 in OD 7.2.2.
Go to:   
Mobile view