SimonBrown
Hi

Does the simulator not work with the Properties object against a node?

I set the terminating timeout to 3s but it never seems to trigger.

Checked Dev Guide but no mention not supported in simulator

On similar note; is there an FAQ that describes the limitations and issues with using Simulator for the development stage testing, had a look around but not found anything so far.

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
I suspect the termination timeout is not supported in the simulation. However, it should not impact your development. Sending "#" is basically the same thing...to end the input collection.
SimonBrown
Hi WilsonYu

It may seem picky but it is important. We are advised to use the simulator to develop and test scripts before releasing, and in reality and from a practical point of view testing on the sim saves time.

In this scenario I am trying to work around limitations in OD to trick a Menu object into being dynamic enough to have options not available while still having the <choice> not make the script fall over, by setting dtmf to 10 and setting interdigit timeout to 1ms so in reality only single digits are allowed. This is to create dynamic menu of options which leave no dtmf gaps.
Not possible to run that on sim to be happy it works, have to export to EP to test. Trying to limit the need to do that kind of activity as time consuming.

Do you know of any faq that covers what limitations SIM has?

Thanks again for your advise, very helpful to a new OD developer

Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
Unfortunately we don't have such document.
Go to:   
Mobile view