RichardMudway
Hi,

I am new to IVR deployment and have not found enough material to answer my question.

My client has a runtimeconfig.war already deployed on their Tomcat 5.x Server. And i have my own for my application. Do i need to replace theirs with mine? Or is there a way of merging them.

Thanks,

Rich.
NeilGoldsmith
The runtimeconfig.war file should be based on the DD/OD version you are running. If you export the runtime support files from Eclipse, it will export the correct runtimeconfig for your version. You should both be running the version that is appropriate for the version of DD you are running.
ZachariahHardilek
The client has existing applications that were developed in DD5 and want a new application built in OD. Is this ok or will the runtimeconfig.war from OD cause problems with their older existing DD applications?
NeilGoldsmith
They should be using the OD 6 runtime config as long as they are running in an OD 6 environment. This is the case whether they upgrade their apps from 5 to 6 or keep them version 5.
ZachariahHardilek
Just to be crystal clear, the client has several applications built in DD5 deployed to the AVP5. These are not being upgraded to OD6 at this time, they are staying as DD5 applications for now. We have written a new application in OD6 and are deploying to the same AVP5 that has the existing DD5 applications. If we update the runtimeconfig.war from OD6, should it cause any problems with the existing DD5 applications?
NeilGoldsmith
You cannot run OD 6 apps in a DD 5 environment. You can run DD 5 apps in an OD 6 environment. Whichever environment you are running, that is the version of the runtime config you need to use.
Go to:   
Mobile view